NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
The Bill does not expire in 2010... The new bill just went into effect last year and will last for 10 years. The significance of the year 2010 was when original deadline for the rebuilding of the summer flounder stocks, which was extended to 2013 in the current authorization.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
In other words...

You haven't even SEEN the new M/S-2007 in full swing yet!

So, the question really is, will we need a Magnuson/Stevens Fisheries Management and Sustainable Fisheries Act of 2017, or will the government introduce language in that bill to expressly re-allow the use of hooks and bait, in saltwater, by the people that will be playing the virtual fluke and blackfish video games?

And more importantly to me, will the globalization of our economy be addressed by the new M/S-2017, garuanteeing low-paying blue-collar employment for life-long fishermen like myself, or will I need to move my family to Malaysia or Laos to get a good job in a brake-shoe factoy? I'm too old to learn a new language.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.