NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about the herring fishing at Magnolia Pier, and wanted to go check out what the ruskies are doing, maybe try a little myself...only thing is, I don't know exactly where it is. Can anyone clarify? Is it close to the Loop Parkway Bridge on Long Beach?

·
Premium Member
3,244 Posts
I dont get the "mad rush" to stand out in the freezing cold in a large crowd to catch bait or appetizers.

For me I bank fishing time this time of year by hanging with the family.

It seems like a lot of effort for herring, dont get me wrong if thats what your into, more power to you, but its to cold for me.

Matt

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, sort of...but the only herring I have ever seen in the flesh was on a plate, pickled with sour cream and onions. I may, on a nice day take a ride out there to see what they look like.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Matt,

I can understand your point and I can certainly appreciate family quality time and "getting things done." However, fishing is different things to different people. For me, being near enough to the water to have a thin strand of monofilament connecting me to it, and the psychological place that it puts me in makes the cold, rain, and dark of night disappear. What it is that?s down there, how big and how much of it that I could bring up becomes secondary. Sure, I love to catch fish, but if I don?t, just being there serves a benefit. Guess you have to be there.

Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.