NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The ocean of JI is still around 43 degrees {although the bay was 47 yesterday, felt warmer}
This is very warm for Mid. March but still not warm enough for the macks. If I remember right they need or like 47 degree water . I dont think it was till late April last yr. but this winter being as mild as it was you can expect them early I bet, around 3 weeks from now maybe they'll start to show. I always got them in around 70' due south JI on those little colorful mack jigs , no bait. A good color machine like a Sitex 106 really helps when fishing these fish as they come & go in massive schools. I bet you knew most of this but there you have it,
Alan

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Mackeral fishing is real hot right now.
Yesterday(03/16/02) the Nighthawk from Belmar,N.J. needed only one long drift to load up and came back at the dock before 11:00 AM. Mackerel never left our area this winter because of warm water temperature and are going to stay here until water temperature goes up to 50 degree when blue fish start to chase them.

k song

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.