NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the mackerel? Been checking the reports every week but nothing! Is this due to the mild winter? Anyone have any idea when they should be showing in concentration?? And which party boats will be targeting them? Thanks!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Macks should be shoiwing up before the end of Janurary. They're late because of the mild weather that we were having, but now that the temps have dropped, the ocean temp is cooming down, which should have them on their way.
As to which boats are going to be targeting them, I'm not sure about in NY, but in Jersey most boats out of Belmar and Manasquan should be targeting them. A few boats out of the Atlantic Highlands should also be targeting them...even more, depending how close the macks come in.
I'm guessing that on LI, at least a boat or two should be sailing form each port for Macks.
Hope any of this helps....although it probably won't...lol. ;)

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I had a report of Mackerel off Atlantic Beach last Saturday but they moved. I think the Capt Lou boat started this week & the Dorothy B was fishing for them last week

Bill Sullivan
Jones/Debs editor
Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Mackerel fishing has been hot and heavy near north and east of 17 Fathom since last Wednesday (1-9-02). Today most party boats came back early.
The majority of mackerel caught are small and medium.

ksong

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gentlemen!!
Spinfreak: Your info did help as I fish in NJ as well so thank you very much.
Kilsong: What party boats are targeting Mackerel near 17 fathoms? thanks again.

This message was edited by hookher on 1-11-02 @ 11:26 PM

·
Registered
12,349 Posts
Brooklyn VI and Dorothy in Sheepshead Bay and Capt. Lou in Freeport.
My friend fished mackerel today with Nighthawk in Belmar, N.J. and it took more than 1 1/2 hour to get there ( several miles east of Ambrose Tower).

ksong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.