NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where they think the best place to buy Mackeral Jigs. I'm not looking for the silver painted but the real chrome ones?? Seeem like the hooks rust off kinda soon . I go through about 2 dozen per year. Thank You, roger

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Roger,
any tackle store has the silver tubes or the multi colored tubes.Why so many rigs? I can use the same rig as long as they stay around.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Roger,
we us a mackerel rig which consists of 4 small tube lures. We attach a diamond jig to the bottom of the rig. 2-6 oz depending on depth of water and how hard the tide is running where you are fishing. WE use these rigs over and over for years. If yu do have to replace a rig you can get one at a tackle shop for about $2. We make our own for a cost of about .50. Tight Lines, SUNCHASER

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry 'bout the confusion!! Yes, that's just what I meant. Diamond jigs. I like to have several in my box. The hooks seem to rust & break off in a short time. Seems like you run out just when the macks are hitting. Thanks for all the responsesd & help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.