NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the Lowrance LCX-16? I'm thinking of upgrading from the Lowrance X-75, which I think has been discontinued. The X-75 does an excellent job, but I wanted to start marking spots. I figure this might be a little overkill though since I primarily fish the Sound and bays and depths inside of 30ft. This would be more for blackfish and deeper water holes. Any ideas on the price range?

MC

·
Banned
166 Posts
I bought one this fall but have not had a chance to use it yet. I may set it up on the 44 fter or maybe on the 17 ft zodiac, depends whats happening. It looks like a real nice unit. I have had the LOwrance color CRT that they used to make and was very, very happly with the performance for the price.

Capt Walt

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
I ordered one because the standard cp 150 I ordered was out of stock, but they bolth came the same day... My wife pried the lowrance out of my hands. The LCX16 came very highly recomended from everyone, a great value for the money.

Good luck
Matt

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you goto http://www.sport-fish-info.com/dcforum/cgibin/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=private&conf=mainconf,(search archives - Lowrance LCX 16) you will see this group of boat water anglers have a completely different view of Lowrance products. In fact I was very, very serious about this unit, but changed my mind after reading these posts. People that used these units reported many problems. Don't be fooled by the picture you see on the display model in the store. I also spoke to a Lowrance rep on the phone to find out if they were going to upgrade these units to include waas capability. They told me that their were looking into it, but it apparently didn't get done. I also find it interesting that their new 240(plotter/fishfinder)is waas capable. I am now considering the Garmin 238.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.