NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Al,
Do you have any idea how to convert the loran numbers given to Lat and Long for the GPS. I hear that some have it built into each unit, but I have a fairly high end unit (Lowrance LCX15MT) and it doesn't seem to have this function. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Fencer04 wrote:
…Do you have any idea how to convert the loran numbers given to Lat and Long for the GPS. I hear that some have it built into each unit, but I have a fairly high end unit (Lowrance LCX15MT) and it doesn't seem to have this function. Any ideas?

Fencer04
Ahhhh…. You got me there! Sorry, I don't know how to convert the loran numbers into the GPS… However, I understand that there are a few (sophisticated) units already with the built in units… but I am not all that familiar … Anybody out there knows how to…?

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
There are a number of software programs to do the conversion and you can input loran TDs into some GPS units. Unfortunately none of the above are very accurate. Best way is keep both units onboard and use the loran to get to your spot and then record it in the GPS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.