NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, We just got word that friends of ours had a house fire and lost everything. They have nothing but the clothes on their backs for that day and their cars. They're living with local family now. Yes insurance will cover things but not everything and not right away.

They have a 10 month old boy who has no clothes to wear, or toys to play with. The boy is a size 12m. We're going to help with some donations and store gift certificates for them.

If anyone has anything they are willing to donate please post or PM. Old stuff or new doesn't matter. Thanks.:)

This post edited by Lattitudechange 06:36 PM 01/15/2008

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyway you want, Scott. Thank you. When you have nothing, anything is a start.

I have some small appliances, and gift certs. Since I don't have a boy I can't donate any clothes or toys, so tomarrow I'm gonna make a quick stop at a Target or something to hold them over. I have some checks for them to. I can PM the name of the family if need be. Anything small I'll group it up and mail it on Friday. Large items, I'm gonna drive up there to drop it off at their parents house on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Craig,

Sorry to hear about your friends. I dont have any kids (just two dogs) but I will help anyway I can. let me know I can send a check or something like that to you to help them out in this difficult time.

don

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Where do they live have them contact their local red cross I have been to many fires where the red cross helped the people out with temp housing and debit cards for them to go buy clothes

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
what do they need for the boy?
my son is 3 and most of the 10 mo old stuff is gone now but I am sure we have some things around. Will look when I get home tonight.
let me know where I can bring the stuff.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
STRIKERTHREE wrote:
Where do they live have them contact their local red cross I have been to many fires where the red cross helped the people out with temp housing and debit cards for them to go buy clothes
Hey S3,
Yes a lot of that has been taken care of. Fires are nothing new to me considering it's 40% of my buisness. (I build kitchens). They are living with their folks for the time being. Having a daughter, my concern was their son and being able to provide for him and make it, as nothing different is going on. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Thanks S3.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FredyFluke wrote:
what do they need for the boy?
my son is 3 and most of the 10 mo old stuff is gone now but I am sure we have some things around. Will look when I get home tonight.
let me know where I can bring the stuff.
Thanks.....
PM sent.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awsome!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies and many PMs........

You guys are great......
Thank you all, for your kind words and donations.....

I will be doing a bulk mailing this Saturday. Any larger items that I have, I will be making a trip up there this weekend.

Again, Thank You very much, your a great group of people.....

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
Lattitudechange wrote:
Goes to show that there many selfless, kindhearted, people in this world....

Thank you for the replies & PMs. You are all good people..
:)

That's what makes this the best dam family on the web......

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.