NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Job

I'm currently working for one of the Big 4 accounting firms and am interested in seeing what else is out there before its too late. I have worked in public accounting for 4 years and have my CPA. I need to try something else besides being an auditor. I am interested in a financial analyst position or working as a consultant. If you guys have any other suggested fields to look into, any contacts or even a job opening, let me know. One last thing, the job has to be able to fund my expensive hobby of fishing. I will furnish a resume on request, just PM me.

Mike

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of my experience has been auditing in the Financial Services industry, particularly Banking and Capital Markets area.

I work in Manhattan and I'm looking for something in the city. Not really interested in doing Tax work, but this is definitely the time of year for it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Investment Banking is definitely on the list of jobs I'm interested in. I would just have to cut back on the fishing for a few years as I know IB can be very demanding and time consuming.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
With the losses they suffered in the sub-prime melt down almost all of the investment banks are laying people off, not hiring. I have seen jobs at other parts of the financial services industry. Recently I have seen a number of jobs at hedge funds.

·
Registered
482 Posts
MM, not entirely true about the investment bank layoffs. Yes, the larger institutions are laying off, but there are many mid tier shops that are hiring. As a CFA, there is a lot of opportunity.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
rubicon wrote:
MM, not entirely true about the investment bank layoffs. Yes, the larger institutions are laying off, but there are many mid tier shops that are hiring. As a CFA, there is a lot of opportunity.

I'll take you word for it. But my son is in investment banking and he tells me that no one is hiring. I'm (hopefully) in the end stages of a job hunt, and I have seen very very few job openings at investment banks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Are you also looking for an investment banking position? As a CFA, there are also opportunities for the buy and sell side as an analyst or junior analyst. I would agree that an actual investment banking position would be more challenging to find at this time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Had an Asset Management analyst position a few weeks ago. HR sends notifications of positions. Will PM you if anything comes up. We're a global brokerage shop and cover all aspects of the game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.