NorEast Fishing Forum banner

long island catfish/ bullhead

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  deadlydan 
#1 ·
What is a good place to catch catfish/bullhead that is within a twenty tothirty minute drive from the bethpage area. I just got back from pennsylvania and after catching a lot of catfish and bullhead I really want to keep doing it. They give a great fight, especially on light tackle and they are just fun to catch. Thanks for any info.

#3 ·
hey, was just looking on the Dec website and found that there is some bullhead at blydenburg lake(a.k.a New Mill Pond or Stump Pond)... I have fished here many times for Bass, Perch, bluegills, and such, but never caught a bullhead. Now i have never targeted bullhead, but mabey next time. I have never fished for bullhead and have done very little catfishing, what should I use and how should i fish this??

#4 ·
freshwater clams

i have a stream in my backyard and it empties off into a 5 foot deep, 10 ft radius "hole" where all the sunnies hang out probably because of the fresh water running through, but there are also bullheads and eels to 5 feet there and i have clams in my stream, i cracked one open and put it on hoping for eels but the bullheads went absolutely crazy for them so if u can get any of these clams i would reccomend them saltwater clams prolly work good too

#9 ·
Cats....

If you want to catch a bunch of bullheads with a few that will be of jumbo size, give Massapequa lake (Caroons) a shot.I use to fish Caroons often and the cat fishing can be fantastic ! A nite-crawler on the bottom and you are good 2 go.....20-30 nice bullheads in an afternoon was the norm.

Good luck.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.