NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,316 Posts
My father got a Venture for a 21 foot SeaPro last year. I don't remember why he got it over Loadrite, but it is a well built trailer. A lot of haulers use them. We had a lot of problems with the brakes on ours, but it turned out there was a manufacturer defect in a whole batch of trailers and they replaced the backing plates this winter. Haven't had a chance to use them yet.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bought a LoadRite for my 16ft. Privateer 2yrs. ago. Pretty happy with it, the only complaint I have is some of the nuts and bolts are not galvanized,so they start to rust pretty quick. And considering no part of the trailer has ever hit the water except the tires and without fail hosed off afterwards. I just hit the nuts etc. with spray galvanize now and again! But overall rating-very good. No brakes on mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The place is called M+B Associates at 631-667-0098,if I remember correctly the owners name is Mike and his wife also works with him in the office. They were very nice to deal with but most important they know what they are doing, you tell them the boat you have and they set the trailer up accordingly. Good Luck.

The Sea-Cilian

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought a loadrite trailer from M&B ASSOCIATES in May of 2000. Great price and excellent service. I developed a bubble in 1 of the trailer tires shortly after my purchase. I simply jacked up the trailer, removed the tire and rim, and returned it for a brand new one without any question. M&B ASSOCIATES 125 SOUTH SECOND STREET ( off SAGITKOS PKWY)
BAYSHORE, NEW YORK 11706
631-667-0098

·
Registered
2 Posts
THE LOADRITE TRAILER USES LEAF SPRINGS. THEY WILL RUST AND BREAK WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT. THE VENTURE TRAILER THAT CAME WITH MY 24' CENTER CONSOLE USES A RUBBER TORTION SUSPENTION IT IS SUPPOSED TO OUTLIVE THE TRAILER

·
Registered
58 Posts
Beerbelly is wrong! My loadrite has torsion bars and bearing buddies, brake washdown etc.,etc,. Check out their web site they give you plenty of information including a checklist to help you select the right size trailer.

The Sea-Cilian

G

·
I purchased a 25 foot 5400lb Venture tandem trailer from Chris at Rivehead Trailers. I like the trailer alot. It is a torsion axle unit with surge brakes, bearing buddys, and is made well. The price was much better than other brands I priced.
Makomagic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.