NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing for striped bass off of horton's pt in mattituck. I was using live eels on a circle hook. I hooked the eels from the bottom of their head and out through its mouth. However, the eels kept slippin off. Any suggestions? Btw, no striped bass but a couple nice blues. All let go to see another day. tight lines.

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
Agree with bassman - throught the bottom of the jaw & out an eye - only way to fish 'em....

·
Banned
3,430 Posts
Sounds like you were feeding bluefish all evening. If they don't chop the expensive bait in half they manage to rip it right off the hook. Had their been exclusively bass in the area, you would not have lost a single eel. As a matter of fact, once an eel catches one striper, it will outfish all other eels in the water.

-A proven theory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.