NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that winters here and Im completely decompressed... so before Cabin fever start's to set in I will try to off set the Cabin crazyness with refining my gear..... I've been looking for a way to protect my new Camera from sinking to the Bottom while fishing.

I store Olympus 720 waterproof camera in my Lifevest PFD pocket and it just fits. I use the leash provided before I take that puppy out but I would like an unobtrusive method to float this camera should I drop it in the Surf surfcasting or out in the Kayak while taking pictures.....

Thought about leashing it with a retractable {flyfishing type} leash.....Restrictive for shots? or a Float but it would have to be pretty big to offset the weight and then be banging around and getting in my way while fishing..... Any Ideas??????

Size 3.6" W x 2.3" H x 0.78" D (91mm x 58.7mm x 19.8mm)
Weight 5.3 oz. (149g) without battery and media card

This post edited by BigShow 03:44 PM 12/27/2007

Attachments

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
if it's already waterproof than just ty it to the PFD pocket with your lanyard. Get a swivel neck lanyard for the suds. Tuck it in the chest waders and you're good to go.

retractable leash may affect stability when focusing if there's pressure.

·
Registered
726 Posts
cabin fever???? willing to bet that if you were under any of the south shore bridge spans over the holiday you could of picked off some nice schoolies.the boats are doing a number on the black fish and soon you will have those 14hr cod fish trips out of montauk.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great little camera

So far works great.......nice picture quality. Being I use it in he Surf and out of the Kayak it has been wet offen with Salt water and functions perfectly.

The Only draw back is that it is rather compact and doesn't leave much camera body to grasp with my big paw's. You have to conscience of the shutter postion so not to take pictures of your fingers

Oh yeah and it doesn't float but soon to find a solution to that! Wonder if you could teach it to come?......even my dog doesn't do that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.