NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got the phone call this afternoon. I have my spot reserved and I will be participating. I will bring Blem blanks, thread and have gotten some synthetic and cork grips that fit smaller diameter blanks.

Stop by and say hello. Oh, March 16th is the day.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

· Registered
416 Posts
Hi Capt. Neil !!
I used to work in Massapequa, but am unfamiliar with Suffolk County, other than to get to Captree. Could you give the location in Lindenhurst and some directions ? I am itching to go fishing, but it's a little too early yet, and I'd love to go snooping around a fishing flea market. You never know what you might find or who you might meet. If I make it out there, I will surely stop by to say hello !!!

SEAWOLF

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seawolf

Hi,

It is held in the K of C Hall at 400 South Broadway. Lindenhurst. 9 AM - 3 PM.

Take Southern State to exit 35 (Wellwood Ave), head south past Sunrise Hwy and the LIRR trestle.
3rd right turn past LIRR is Reade Ave (turn right). About 6 blocks in is S. Broadway. K of C is on south east corner.

Look forward to meeting you.

Capt Neil

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JudFisher

Hi,

Sorry, no surf blems. Haven't been able to get them or any others for that matter. Seems like most manufacturers are destroying them.

Blems were a nice inexpensive way to build a model you had not built before just as a test. It also gave new builders and individual builders a savings.

Word has it that rod builders were selling their work cheaper than the factory produced rods retailed.

Come to think about it we can't go to Ford or Chevy and buy a blem car.

I will have blems up to 7'. Also some fly rods, composite, and tuna blanks.

Capt Neil

G

·
"Come to think about it we can't go to Ford or Chevy and buy a blem car."

As a foreign car fan, I would say that every Ford/Chevy is a blem :) You can buy demos of any car. And every electronics retailer (Circuit City, Crutchfiled...) has scratch and dent specials. Most company's have B-stock quality which is sold through outlet stores. LL Bean outlets for instance....

Not sure what the point of the automobile comment was.

Just curious about specific blank models, that's all.....

· Registered
416 Posts
Hi Capt. Neil,
It was a sincere pleasure to meet you, and to be able to put a face with a name. You appeared to be busy with potential customers, and I was about ready to leave, but I hope next time we meet, we'll have a little time to chat. The Flea Market was GREAT. As I mentioned to you, I really love seeing the old stuff. I bought 2 reels and 3 poles and spent only $100.00. If you are aware of any more of these flea-markets, please let us know, it was really worth the time. ( It was also VERY crowded.) Guess the early bird really does get the worm !!!!!!

SEAWOLF

This message was edited by SEAWOLF on 3-18-02 @ 9:26 AM

· Registered
1,156 Posts
The flea market was great! Very well run and attended. I found many things that I could use and at great prices. The best idea was having the table that sold jewelry by the door so that on the way out you could buy something for your "significant other" to help you get everything else you bought into the house unnoticed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.