NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone can give me directions to the outflow? its going to be a long winter.. since all of the nyc resv. are shut down :(

when is it a good time to fish there? any info would be apprecitated.

happy THANKSGIVING.

dont forget to set the hook!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I fished there in early March and a friend and I caught a few fish. My friend snapped his line fishing with 10# test on a pretty decent size fish. He lost it about 5 feet away from him when the ******* went for another run. Ha ha! Anyway, I hear you can fish there as early as December. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Directions were explained! But do not go past the fenced area that is keyspan property and trespassers will be arrested on sight.you must stay outside the gated area! There is bass there all year long! I know because I work there.
You can fish the outflow no problem just respect
keyspan energy's property dont go past the gates!
Also DEC checks on sight! Make sure you have a keeper! DEC is there when you least expect it!
Great place to fish!!!

IBEW local 1049

·
Registered
194 Posts
IBEW, have there realy been people arrested? I have fished back in the plant side a bunch of times successfuly (it's definetly not a back drop for the Walker Cay Cronicles - every now and then somthing "unidentifiable" would float by) but it's not worth risking a ticket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Forget about the ticket, you are tresspassing! The anglers that voyage behind the fence are going to ruin it for the rest of the people that enjoy fishing there. No one can tell another what to do but I think people should not get themselves in to legal trouble to fish. If people continue to go behind the fence I am sure they will shut down access to the plant.

Regards,

Surfflyfisher

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lets just say dont venture behind the fence.
Theres good fishing up & down the beach.
I caught 40 1/4" 35lbs stripe bass after the season closed. Of course I released it.
Newsday Had an article last year about that area
being one of the best areas to fish for stripe bass in the winter.I fished all winter long and caught fish except for maybe 3 weeks.

IBEW local 1049

·
Premium Member
3,244 Posts
I fished there years ago, 4 to be exact. There are plenty of fish, but it is a long walk when its cold out. I was curious about the other side of the fence, but there are plenty of fish where you can fish legally so why take a chance. Buck tails used to work well over the sand bar at the beginning of the incoming, but the tide comes in fast, its easy to get stuck out there on the bar. And its a longer walk when you are cold and wet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey guys its almost time to go and fish the outflow,be careful when fishing the flow itself
its very easy to get stuck out on the bar on the incomming tide,take from me! i got stuck on the bar 10 years ago thank god it was daytime and a boat spotted us.if you are new to this area, fish the dropping tide during the day(about two hours before low tide) and get familar
with the bar, also the bar changes from year to year and even day to day.

the fish here are stressed out as it is so leave
the light rod at home.the faster you release these fish the better chance they have to survive!

also if you park in the lot at crab meadow and you are still fishing into the dark, you may have a good chance at getting locked in! i park on the outside of the lot and have never had a problem.
see ya there
T bone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.