NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
MattyBlazer,

I would advise against using bait in the off season as it is catch and release ONLY and the LAW requires you to do no undue harm to the bass. If you use bait, you run the chance of deep hooking the fish. Still, if you must use bait, use circle hooks!!! As far as the campfire, I wouldn't do it. Please don't ruin the only winter fishery we have in this area!!!

Tight lines,
Bassholl

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is a great example of why fisherman get a bad name. Instead of enjoying our only winter fishing ground he wants to turn it into a New Years party. Great Idea keep up the good work. Fishing with bait in the off season too this is another great idea. My advise is why don't you just stay in your cage.

·
Premium Member
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I was just kidding, but surfflyfisher if I wanted to I would. I am not hard to find if your upset, so dont name call sweetheart!
The last time I was there it was so crowded with fishermen, I couldnt imagine a fly rodder getting any space.

Happy Newyear!
Matt

This message was edited by mattyblazer on 12-31-01 @ 8:40 PM

·
Premium Member
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, too cold for me.
I was sitting here bored this afternoon talking to a friend on the phone, so he says "post something about bait fishing at lilco for reaction". So knowing full well that 1 guy let alone 5 could not possibly occupy that kind of real estate at lilco, I posted it to see what people would write. My friend bet me that some a-hole would react as though it was there private spot, and I said not this time of the year, guess what... he was right.
This time of year, as far as fishing is slow, so it is fun to joke back and forth with the guys on this site, the reports have slowed down so it gives me something to look for.
There are a lot of people who post/answer posts that are a riot, long answers one word answers, it helps keep the time moving until the season starts again.

For the record I would never bait fish at lilco, and especially off season, and no one would tolerate the negative attention from a fire!

Happy New Year
Matt

·
Registered
161 Posts
Using bait at Lilco? What are you nuts!
I usually us a bunker snagger because I have a hard time setting the hook on a really small ones.
I haven't gut hooked one yet...well at least not on the inside of the fish.
Mattyblazer, is this the type of report you were trying to post, something so far fetched that only the truly stupid would react with anger!
Bassholl, you fell for it but at least you reacted with class. You don't pronounce your name basshole do you? There's only room for one basshole around here! ;)
Surfflyfisher, someone should wash your mouth out with bunker oil! It seems you have failed the Mattyblazer IQ test. Go find yourself a sense of humor for the new year! As Fez would say "I SAID GOOD DAY!".
I BANG FISH ALL DAY LONG!

·
Registered
343 Posts
There was nothing in the original posting that would lead one to believe it was a joke. Some joke! There is no shortage of dedicated baitfishermen. And believe me, you GOTTA be dedicated to walk from Crab meadow. Bait and a campfire are not funny at all, neither is a rubber crutch. Baitfishing during a closed season SHOULD be illegal. Then again, perhaps jokes that show bad taste should be illegal as well!

Flounder

·
Premium Member
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flounder, obviously you have been there, so it would be no mystery to you that it would nearly be impossible to fit 5 guys with bait there with the normal crowd that gathers. Another fisherman that uses this site suggested that someone would blow up if we posted the topic, and my thought is that no one would believe the post.

I dont know what you mean by dedicated bait fishermen, or rubber crutch, but I bait fish from time to time, not off season though.

Well I hope that clears this up
Matt

·
Registered
808 Posts
mattyblazer: i would agree dont use bait in off season. if so how come everybody use's treble hooks on all there plugs. how come they can't use single hooks on there plugs and crush the barbs down.,useing treble hooks is like using bait.
fish don't have a chance with a treble hooks they do more damage to the fish. SO SINGLE
HOOKS AND CRUSH THE BARBS DOWN.IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.