NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the trifecta this winter. My Liferaft (Revere 6 Man) is due for service. The Hydrostatic release for the Raft expired, and my EPIRB battery expires in Feb.

I used some of the threads on here to get info and contacts. Ran into a problem in that the company (Sea Safety Intnl in Secaucus NJ) that Revere recommends to service the liferaft, does not do EPIRB battery replacements for Pains Wessex, only ACR. OK so I try another place. Well they do Pains Wessex battery replacements, but only service Switlik liferafts:(.

The 2nd company (Marine Safety Corp in Wall NJ) says they can send the raft out for service from their location though (probably to the 1st company). That seemed reasonable, so I dropped the Raft and EPIRB off to them yesterday. They had a pickup in Babylon bike shop, but for me that's a longer ride than to their location.

Went online tonight and searched around for the best price for the Hydrostatic release. Came down to landfallnavigation.com. $96, no tax, and $9 for shipping.

If anyone is interested, I'll post the prices and service level I recieved for the Raft and EPIRB once I have them back.

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
PURSUIT2 wrote:
I Went online tonight and searched around for the best price for the Hydrostatic release. Came down to landfallnavigation.com. $96, no tax, and $9 for shipping.

If anyone is interested, I'll post the prices and service level I recieved for the Raft and EPIRB once I have them back.

Is the release for the raft or the EPIRB?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Matt. Yes, the release is for the raft. This is my first time going through this for each device, so as I gather info I just figured I would post it in case it helps anyone else out along the way.

The best thing that has come of this so far is that I now understand the Hydrostatic release better, and could definetely manually deploy the raft faster if I had the chance.

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you need anythign....

I am right across the street from the company in wall twp! If you need me to get anything for you or pick it up or anything let me know.. i would be more than willing to drive up to somewhere and meet up and drop it off.. i dont know where your from so.. just let me know if you ever need me for any of that!

Vinnie

·
Registered
643 Posts
$800? I have a zodiac 6 man offshore raft, and at my 3 year inspection it ran me about $400.

You might want to call westerbeke in east boston. The are about half as expensive as LRSE/West Marine.

You do have to get it there somehow though......

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vinnie - Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. I am in Rockaway, so the ride wasn't too bad. Took me about an hour each way.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up the Raft and EPIRB today:

Raft = $672.79

EPIRB = $326.35

Total = $999.14

Pretty close to what I thought. I also bought my own Hydrostatic release, so that was another $110 bringing the total to $1,100. Ouch, season hasn't even started yet.

At least I feel safer though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KingKeith wrote:
well, you did better than i did with the epirb. i got a new battery, hydro valve, and the test fee cost me just under $500.

My Hyrdostatic release was for the Raft. I have a manually deployed EPIRB. That may have been the difference in price.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DarthBaiter wrote:
Which EPIRB model did you get serviced?

Pains/Wessex RESCUEME2 SOS
Type 1 Category 2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.