NorEast Fishing Forum banner

lets see some pics of your offshore chariot

125K views 373 replies 151 participants last post by  tunakahunas 
#1 ·
[No message]

#358 ·
Thanks for the complements! I can tell you that I am seriously stoked to be fishing on this boat. We may not catch more fish, but the ride out and back sure will be nice. The name of the boat is
Fin-Ally, which most people pronounce Fin Alley, but for me it's more like "finally" This is the original name of hull #1 by F&S. She looks more like a Carolina boat than anything else, but the bottom is the same one that F&S uses to this day. It is nearly identical to the SeaCraft, and it is called a variable deadrise with longitudinal steps.

Some notable details: 2 x 800hp Detroit Series 60. 1200 gallons of fuel. Gross dry weight is under 40,000lb. Construction is cold molded plywood. Cruise at 1880rpm is 30 knots with WOT of 37-38 knots. At 27 knots she burns less than my old boat with a full load, and the range is around 600NM.

Attachments

#362 ·
asiegel wrote:
. At 27 knots she burns less than my old boat with a full load, and the range is around 600NM.

That's the best news of all. Good luck with her Andy; hopefully we meet up in the eastern canyons this summer. The bad news is that everyone will see when you are dead and the water and hooked up now....................

#363 ·
asiegel wrote:
Thanks for the complements! I can tell you that I am seriously stoked to be fishing on this boat. We may not catch more fish, but the ride out and back sure will be nice. The name of the boat is
Fin-Ally, which most people pronounce Fin Alley, but for me it's more like "finally" This is the original name of hull #1 by F&S. She looks more like a Carolina boat than anything else, but the bottom is the same one that F&S uses to this day. It is nearly identical to the SeaCraft, and it is called a variable deadrise with longitudinal steps.

Some notable details: 2 x 800hp Detroit Series 60. 1200 gallons of fuel. Gross dry weight is under 40,000lb. Construction is cold molded plywood. Cruise at 1880rpm is 30 knots with WOT of 37-38 knots. At 27 knots she burns less than my old boat with a full load, and the range is around 600NM.

Awesome looking ride you got there!!

#366 ·
asiegel wrote:

Those are some really impressive numbers Andy.

#367 ·
kirk12 wrote:
I now have 2 engines! 25'(28') contender.

I won't be canyon bound but I'm going to get to know the Coimbra pretty well
;)

The wife loves the coffin box.

Congrats to you and Gina too Kirk. Don't be too shy about visiting the deep either!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.