NorEast Fishing Forum banner
321 - 340 of 373 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Id love to know what thet RE after posting my FL boat was LOL. Hope he wasnt poking fun about my 26 yr old NE arse having a boat at my 2nd of 2 vacation houses! That just wouldnt be very NE.com like

Maybe he doesnt know that the depth drops 1 ft a mile from shore out and there are spots as shallow at 2.5 ft in the channel at low and DRY SPOTS in the channel with the winter low tides.

Its OK tho because we run out 50 miles with her (weather permitting) and she fished daily ,, if not daily atleast 5 days a week for the 6 months im in FL.The average run to start trolling is 26 miles straight west) Thats pretty stout for a west coast FL boat in the gulf.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Rig

I'm a newbe. By way of introduction, I thought I'd post a foto of my rig. Hopefully I did all correct and the picts will come up. 1987 Blackwatch 30 I bought 2 years ago from a Dr in CT. The boat now lives in Cabo San Lucas, MX.
R'n R Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
rnrbob, nice boat. On the 2nd. photo you posted, it appears the 3 rods across the transom are being trolled from a laying down position??? Is that correct?? What's going on there?? What holds them, and why are you doing that if you are?? It appears to be a different way, from the way I do it anyway, to troll the flat lines???

MakoMatt

(This post edited by MakoMatt on 06/07/2005)

·
Registered
110 Posts
UpRiggers

MakoMatt,
I see that you are the moderator on this board, so, I'll explain that I am the inventor and have two pats. pend. on a new rod holder called the UpRigger. Designed to allow for a better way to troll more lures, get better/more possitive hook sets than flatline clips, get "bent butt" performance out of a standup rig, and much much more. Here is another photo and thats all for now. I'm not looking to step over a "spam" line here so maybe you can set me in the right direction. Thanks
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cabo

Strikerthree,
Congrats and good luck. My boat is a private yacht that has been in Cabo for about 16 months. I am making plans for her to be back in So. Cal. soon. For sure she will be back by Aug. I would be glad to hook you up with the "good guys" in Cabo. In fact, one of my best friends is Fred Archer ( the Cabo Captain )and he maybe able to jump into this discussion and really point you in the right direction. Fred just took care of another friend of mine who is going down to Cabo on thurs. Got him and his friends a very good boat at a very reasonable price. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
rnrbob, thank you for your concern, and understanding about spamming your product/products here at Noreast.com. This is something that is usually not permitted in the discussions rooms as Noreast.com is a business, and revenues are generated by our advertisers. We do from time to time get different people/businesses on here attempting to peddle their products, and part of my job as a moderator is keep that under control, and usually the most effective way to do that is to delete the posts, warn the poster, etc., of the policy here.

You however appear to be a gentleman who did not come on board Noreast to do that, LOL, unless you set me/us up with those pictures. As I mentioned, I have never seen rods being trolled like that before.

I think I'm going to treat this a little differently however for a couple of reasons. One, just like in a trial where the prosecution is not permitted sometimes to introduce certain evidence/testimony, however, if the defense brings it up it becomes open game. Second, your product seems to be very radical from the "norm" shall we say so our members here may be very interested in hearing more about this. So, with that said, I am going to allow this one time "spam" so please, tell us more about this.

At the same time I would also encourage you to contact Noreast.com's advertising people. (which you can find on the Home Page) There is a lot of traffic here at Noreast and I can tell your firsthand that the many of the people in the Offshore Section are serious hard-core fishermen always looking for something to give them an edge.

MakoMatt

·
Premium Member
11,914 Posts
Matt,

I read an article in one of the fishing magazine's recently, that they troll rods like that on some long range trips out of So. Cal.

321 - 340 of 373 Posts