NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
My Rig

I'm a newbe. By way of introduction, I thought I'd post a foto of my rig. Hopefully I did all correct and the picts will come up. 1987 Blackwatch 30 I bought 2 years ago from a Dr in CT. The boat now lives in Cabo San Lucas, MX.
R'n R Bob

Attachments

· Registered
110 Posts
UpRiggers

MakoMatt,
I see that you are the moderator on this board, so, I'll explain that I am the inventor and have two pats. pend. on a new rod holder called the UpRigger. Designed to allow for a better way to troll more lures, get better/more possitive hook sets than flatline clips, get "bent butt" performance out of a standup rig, and much much more. Here is another photo and thats all for now. I'm not looking to step over a "spam" line here so maybe you can set me in the right direction. Thanks
Bob

Attachments

· Registered
110 Posts
Cabo

Strikerthree,
Congrats and good luck. My boat is a private yacht that has been in Cabo for about 16 months. I am making plans for her to be back in So. Cal. soon. For sure she will be back by Aug. I would be glad to hook you up with the "good guys" in Cabo. In fact, one of my best friends is Fred Archer ( the Cabo Captain )and he maybe able to jump into this discussion and really point you in the right direction. Fred just took care of another friend of mine who is going down to Cabo on thurs. Got him and his friends a very good boat at a very reasonable price. Regards, Bob

· Registered
110 Posts
UpRiggers

Chris?The San Diego, Ca fleet has been using the ?suspended? rod technique for about three decades now. They use it because it is simple and it works. The trollers get good solid hookups and the method helps to eliminate the crossed lines/tangles problems.
Matt? ?Better mousetrap? for sure. One guy called the UpRigger a new ?pet rock?. Old guys are the hardest sell. I?m 58 and have all the wrinkles of a 70 year old. However, I can still get into my U.S. Army (1966-1968) uniforms. Two rods in one rod holder (been done before I know). Not much needed to be said about the ?uprod?. The ?suspended? rod eliminates the need for a flat line clip. The ?suspended? rod tracks a lure or bait like a predator tracking its prey. You get the solid hook set (lure to reel drag) you cannot get with the flat line clip method (lure to clip to rod tip to reel drag). Ever have a big, fast fish (like a wahoo) go across your transom, pick up a bait or lure and continue perpendicular to your course? What you end up with is a rod bending in a way it was not designed to bend. The ?suspended? rod in the UpRigger always tracks the lure/bait/ or fish. High speed trolling? Bent-butt performance? The UpRigger provides you with both. How would you like to have bent-butt performance in your favorite standup rig? How would you like to save a ton of money? How would you like to have more space in your ****pit? No big bucks chair, bucket etc. etc. needed. Wanna use your bent-butt with the UpRigger? You can. Try this, put your bent-butt in the uprod position of the UpRigger, swing out your downrigger and slow troll for sharks. Suspend your standup rig, put the bent-butt in the uprod holder and drift on your chum slick. Teasers anyone? We are using teasers almost always . We put an UpRigger in the center (transom) rod holder and suspend a teaser reel attached to a rod butt (no rod). Put an outfit in the uprod holder and work the two in harmony. There is a secret lurking here but, I?ll save that for another time. I suspect there will be questions and comments so I?ll end here for now. There are lots of photos and lots more to discuss. There maybe be others lurking that have heard of or have seen or even used the UpRigger.
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts