NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a message about my trip on the Laura Lee Wednesday nigh earlier today and it seems to have been deleted. Ccan anyone shed some light on why it was deleted. Is this board edited if so it's a farce.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i did not see the post but it was probly bad and the laura lee is an advertizer so they get first priority on this free site. the noreast is totally free so they dont need to keep the public happy and paying for their newspaper so they can freely use censorship and it is their right to do so. BOB

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
BillyJack,

Our Discussion Board is not meant as a sounding board for anyone to just come in here and bash any boat, whether it be a private boat, charter boat or party boat. If you feel the need to do so, please find another site to do it.

Tuna Bab,

It?s posts like yours above that make me wonder what some people are thinking.

?We don?t need to keep the public happy? That?s about the funniest thing I?ve read in quite a while.

From the feedback we get here daily I can tell you first hand that there?s tens of thousands of users that are more than happy with both this website and our print edition, and I?m sorry that you don?t feel the same. But as they say ? You can?t please all the people all the time . . .

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

·
Registered
235 Posts
I love both your web site and print edition. sorry if you took my comment the wrong way. It was a little dumb now that i have read more carefully it was not what i meant..... BOB

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First I'd like to thank both George and Tuna Bab for responding to my posting. Discussions such as these are healthy.
George I think there is a clear distinction between bashing and factual feedback. If you go back and reread my original posting I think you will agree the posting was not bashing in nature. I strongly complimented the Laura Lee and stated I would go on the boat again. The negitive issue that I raised was factual and was not my opion but an observed fact by a mojority of the pasengers on the trip. I am fearful if I expalin further you will delete this discussion. I have sailed with Neil since the late 70's when he was in Bayshore. He runs a top shelf operation. Corrective critcism is not bashing.
George I have two requests. First could you forward my original posting to Tuna Bab via email since I feel he deserves the oportunity to read it. Secondly I'd like to ask you to reread my orginal posting and consider putting it backup.
I also enjoy this site and apologize if my posting violated the rules.
Planning on going out blackfishing on Monday if the wind lays down.

Regards,

billyjack

·
Registered
175 Posts
I must agree that NOREAST is the best web site for true northeast fisherman. Posts are current, factual and the staff is more than knowledgable, there considerate. Keep up the good work!

-TOM

·
Registered
404 Posts
billy jack,

i did see the deleted post, and thought it was fair and constructive criticism,if true.

i would agree with george, however, that this forum may not have been the appropriate place to express it.

perhaps george could forward your post to neil (for his benefit, if he hasn't seen it already).

alternatively, maybe you should communicate directly with neil about your concern, since he is the only one who can properly address it.

set,
opinari

This message was edited by OPINARI on 10-27-01 @ 11:36 PM

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Billyjack,
I also read your post and didn't feel it needed to be pulled. I do agree that if it P.O.'d you as much as it did, that you should have taken it up with the captain after the other customers had dis-embarked. I can't remmember if it was on Capt. Doug in Freeport or the Island Princess in Captree, but one hade a plaque that read " If you enjoyed your trip, tell a friend; If not, tell the captain !! " One point to consider, the season is winding down and fares will be harder to come by. It is after all, a business, and one should not deny the owner and crew the opportunity to add extra fares if they come by and get on. An un-paid hiatus of 3 - 3 1/2 months awaits these folks once they shut down. It is a Party Boat, and this is how they make a living !!!

SEAWOLF

·
Registered
18 Posts
To Noreast, how come last year you let a northshore partyboat get hammered on your site and now you are crying foul all of a sudden? is it advertisement money? Please do not delete me thanks, Frank P.S. your site is great!

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
The posts you refer to were posted when both myself, and our other moderator, were on vacation and they were promptly deleted when I returned. The fact that he was not an advertiser had nothing to do with it.

Respectfully,
George R. Scocca
Publisher, Nor'east Saltwater

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.