NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any launching ramps on Shelter Island? I will be out there for a conference in a couple of weeks and thought I might trailer out my boat. We are staying at the Pridwin on the north side of the island, so a ramp on the north side would be helpful.

Also any hot spots for bass near the north side would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Great fishing abounds on Shelter Island. Any creek entrances are usually fine producers of fish (stripers, weaks, blues -- always better in the early mornings and evenings). On the north side of Shelter Island, most folks will try the tip on Hay Beach Point (deep, fast moving water). Also, spots like Menhadden Lane (where some people launch their boat)are good for casting as is Reel Pont at the entrance to Coecles Harbor. As per boat ramps, there are a few, but are not in great condition. You may want to speak with Dick Petry (owner of The Pridwin and truly an avid fisherman) for advice on ramps and even more specific fishing locations. Jack's Hardware supplies tackle on the Island (they are temporarily located towards the center of the Island on Route 114 due to a fire at their store on Bridge Street last year)and is also a great reference point for fishing information. Also, lot's of people are into fly fishing for stripers on S.I. too... Enjoy your stay -- Shelter Island is a beautiful place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.