NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i use to build plugs awhile back i had a lath back then with a copyer that u actly locked the plug u wanted in to the lath it self and the chisle kinda road the old plug and chiseled down on the peace of wood to make the new one dooo they still sell this type of lath because i asked around and no one could tell me any info would help

·
Registered
703 Posts
Lathes are normaly sold on their own, and compared to the assesories they are realitivlty inexpensive.....

There are several types of duplicators, Penn State Industries offers their own simple duplicator for $104. it's nothing elaborate, but it gets the job done...

Vega, makes the industry standard, the mini/midi lathe duplicator goes for $269. both these duplicators may be a little cheaper if you can find them on Amazon or E-bay...

Unless your making production runs, are involved in swaps or have a need for large volumes of a particular plug, your probably better off taking measurments and turning by hand....

I own both style duplicators, but unless I have a specific need for large volumes of a particular plug.... I turn with my chisels and calipers.... it's what hobby plug building is all about.

Here are pictures of both style duplicatoors, first is the PennState industries, the second is of the vega....

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.