NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for recommendations for a good boat out of Montauk this coming May. I am planning a company outing, NYers with a few folks making the trip in.

I am looking for a day trip, about 6 to 10 people. It has to be an open party boat; I don't think we will have the $$$ for any private charters.

I know Tog is open until the end of May; are any boats targeting Tog this time of year out there with a good catch?....Bass Run?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Tore

·
Registered
730 Posts
Fluke should be in snapping by then. For party boats you'll have a lot of choice although I believe most of them are half day boats at that time. Lazy Bones, Marlin Princess, Viking, Sea Otter all have good operations.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Mark, the sad news is that tog fishing is most likely going to be closed at that point if the proposed regs are implemented.

Fishgeg gave you some nice options and if it is a warm spring, you might be in town just in time for an early season night bass trip.

This post edited by crabcake 09:48 PM 01/31/2008

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Mark seaotter does spring tog,but like crabcake said I dont believe there will be a season.Both the seaotter and marlin princess will be full day fluke.The lazybones and viking are 1/2 day and like fishgeg said all run good operations.Fishing for doormats at the end of may in montauk can be quite prductive.Crowds on the open boats then are usually light.

This post edited by togilator 09:33 AM 02/01/2008

·
Banned
2,102 Posts
May Trip

Don't count on Tog, and would not count on Fluke if i were you either. The Viking usually makes Porgy trips "heading east". Last year they did very well with jumbo porgies and some quality Seabass mixed in with the catch. Problem is no one knows "for sure" what the regs are going to be for Porgies either. A "safe bet" suggestion would be to consider a night trip for Squid as the run "usually" peaks in May, and as far as i know theres no limits on them yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.