NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CA,

Looking to upgrade for this year. For the south shore and for throwing artificials do you recommend the Lami XS 10 MS (3-8 oz) or the XS 10 MS (2-4oz) I cant think of throwing anything over 4ozs. What is a good / fair price to pay for one of these?

Thanks
space

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hi Space,

Before I recommend you a rod.. I need to know what you are tossing (small buckies, Large bottle plugs, Plastics or needles)... and are you fishing from a beach or a rock jetty?

Knowing the specifics (terrain and tossing payload)... I will be able to give you specific info. (fast - or- soft rod). ;)

Also... Since you are upgrading it... Please give me a general $$$ that you are planning to spend (maybe custom).

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be fishing south shore primarily jones beach area. I pretty much want to try and throw only artificials something that can b used for a little of everything. Last summer I primarily was throwing meat. This summer now being a little more educated after reading every striper book out there I would like to acquire a little skill through fishing artificials. I mostly only have yozuri type swimming plugs, some bucktails (that i will attempt to focus and master), I have some 2 and 3 oz gibbs plugs. And a bunch of assorted tins; hopkins, kastmasters etc. Everything I have is 1 - 3ozs as far as weight goes. Thats pretty much it.

I found the Lamiglas XS 101 MS and XS 10 MS b/c it seems that the general user opnion on these rods are pretty favorable and seem to suit the open beach environment that i would primarily fish at Jones. Plus they guarantee their products. I dont know anything about the custom rods. I would like to purchase something that I won't regret a year or two from now as I get more skilled. Thats IF I become a better surf rat. Cost wise I would like to keep it under $300. Also can you talk about how much of a difference between 9'6 and a 10 footer would be?

I also have two 704Z reels. One with 20# mono and the other i plan on putting 30# fireline.

I am 5'9 weigh 190 with 16 inch biceps and my phone number is..... Oh is that too much info??? ha ha ha

thanks for sharing the knowledge
space

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.