NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Lamiglas CSB 114 2M. This 2 pc composite jetty/surf blank is rated 2-5 oz lures. I think this will be very good for lobing eels off a jetty.

This is part of the new Lamiglas composite surf blank series.

I have the grips and reel seat installed BUT have not had time to wrap it.

I will have it at my booth this Sat at the Lindenhurst Fishermans Flea Market. Stop by if you would like to ceiling test it!!!

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think this is a great idea especially for those who may want to back pack their rods while on route to their favorite spot on the Jetty. A couple of questions:

1) Would it work well for chunking cut bait for fish?

2) Is it stiff enough to strong arm fish around rocks or other obstacles?

3) Any idea when the blank will be offered for sale to the public.

Tight lines, Tom

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Tom,

Yes, the CSB 114 2M will be able to handle cut bait.As soon as I get time to finish the rod I will test cast it with various weights.

This blank is not whippy or wimpy. It seems to have lots of power for keeping a large fish where you want him.

This series of blanks are not listed in any of my catalogs. I will contact Lamiglas to see if or when the 2002 catalogs will be available.

Will let you know what I learn.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Tom.

Here is the latest info and I stand corrected on the lure load.

As per Todd Vivian, Lamiglas Product Mgr., they currently have 3 models. They are working on 4 or 5 more for release in the spring.

CSB1022L--8'6"---1/2-2 1/4 oz.---Avg wt. 4 1/2 oz.
CSB1142M--9'6"---1-3 oz----------Avg wt. 7 1/2 oz.
CSB1202M--10'----1-3 oz----------Avg wt. 8 1/2 oz.

"The additional models will be one piece versions of these models with also a couple of new models".

Thanks for the current info, Todd.

Tom , I erroneously stated the CSB1142M would throw 2-5 oz. Sorry about that. However, I still think it will lob eels and stand up under jetty conditions. Now I have to make sure I get it built before next years shows and test it.

Todd, any additional input from you would be greatly appreciated.

Capt Neil

(631)567-8049

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for getting that information so quickly. I have been pondering building a rod specifically for the Newburyport, MA Jetty. I will be fishing for the next week or so and will try to make up my mind on which blank to get. I won't be needing the rod until this summer so I may wait to see if Lamiglas comes up will a two piece composite which is a little beefier. The 2-5 oz range would be ideal for what I had in mind.

Thanks again. Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.