NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Almost any pond out in Suffolk holds some crappie.
We used to catch them near the golf course at Spring Lake in Middle Island, also Swan Pond and the whole Peconic chain.

Striper77

·
Registered
35,658 Posts
I get plenty of crap @ work..........

Oh crappie - I thought you said crap..........
Nevermind.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...........I used to enjoy fishing for crappie right after ice out up on the Muscoot Res...........I think those Res. Crappie are going to enjoy a "hook free" spawn this year.

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Striper77 wrote:

Almost any pond out in Suffolk holds some crappie?.

Striper77,

That is true! Just wondering? can you tell me which lakes does not hold an abundance of crappie. ;)

Ronkonkoma, Wildwood, Fort Pond etc?. Anybody wanna try this? :)

"Crazy" Alberto
[email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have fished crappie in the Wantagh twin lakes a few times in the last two weeks. Other than one decent fish, everything else was small, but they were quite active and I had a few fish each time. Over the years I have had some nice sized ones there, especially in the lower lake.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
There were a few guys catching tiny Crappie in Prospect Park. Nothing big though, but I've (wel...my son) caught one last year 17". Fought like a monster Bass...for 4 seconds, then went limp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.