NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to go out this friday (11/9) for stipers. I'm trying to decide whether to take a Port Jeff party boat (the Ace or Prowler) the at 6:00pm with a HI tide at 6pm -vs- one of the captree boats (e.g., Island Princess or Speedy Express) which leave at 6/7pm and return at 11/12 respectively. The LOW tide at fire island breakwater is about 10pm. There's one other trip I'm considering on the Laura Lee out of Captree which apparently fishes the tides, but I haven't heard from them about departure time. Fished live eels near Verazanno in Bklyn a week ago at night and got skunked for my efforts. Was hoping not to repeat it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks a lot. Billfish

This message was edited by Billfish on 11-7-01 @ 2:22 PM

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been fishing the Port Jeff, Old Feild, Crane Neck area in the last few months and it has produced some LARGE blues but the bass have only been from 26-28 inches. If you looking to catch large game I would personally take the trip out of captree. If you are forced to take the Ace.. Middle Grounds have been packed with blues and bass. I borded a 32 incher last weekend, however saw other boats pull some large fish in. One brought a 40 incher back to the dock.. Good Luck and Tight Lines

Option 1

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I would go for the Laura Lee. You will probably do pretty well on the outgoing tide with eels, and there have been a lot of decent fish in FI inlet lately. I'm sure they will sail around 6PM.

Good Luck and Tight Lines

·
Registered
52 Posts
I fished with Options 1 last Saturday at Middle Grounds. It really was incredible! Every time we trolled through the rip we would have a fish on each of our lines. There were blues and bass galore!! It seems parachutes worked best, but I am going to give a big surgical tube a shot this weekend. I only want a cow....no ****tail blues.

Screaming Reels and Tight Lines!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.