NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't fond the MMA thread that was going on so posted a new one. Lot's of stuff happening in the MMA world as of late.

Here is the Kimbo/Tank fight, along with the rest of the card. Gina Carano is alo on the card, but there has been no opponent listed just yet.

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Updated-Fight-Card-For-EliteXC-On-216-Tank-vs.-Kimbo.html

Also BJ Penn will be fighting in the next UFC against Joe Stevenson. On the card I believe is also Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir.

The Shamrock brothers are also rumored to fight each other in an up and coming Elite XC event. Frank Shamrock is still competitive, but Ken is waaaaay over the hill, and hasen't shown well in his last 4 outings.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Kimbo is an animal. I have seen him in the street fighter videos. How is he in the ring as far as an MMA record? I'm sure he could knock anyone out but does he have an all around mma game?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
OFFTHEHOOK wrote:
Kimbo is an animal. I have seen him in the street fighter videos. How is he in the ring as far as an MMA record? I'm sure he could knock anyone out but does he have an all around mma game?

You judge for yourself, although it seems his oponent isnt all that good either.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I'll take Tank he has allot more MMA ring experience Kimbo got his a$$ whoop by Rich Gannon Kimbo hasnt fought a guy who hits just as hard if not harder than he does. Gina Carano is amazing she's HOT and she can whoop A$$

This post edited by STRIKERTHREE 08:54 PM 01/14/2008

·
Registered
21,760 Posts
STRIKERTHREE wrote:
I'll take Tank he has allot more MMA ring experience..
Meaningless.
Abbott sucked in every tellivised fight I've ever seen.
He won cause he has {had?} a decent right hook and was used to beating up other drunken WUSSIES in bars.

Not the case with Kimbo.

It's official!!!!

This post edited by Learning2Tog 12:46 AM 01/15/2008

·
Premium Member
23,846 Posts
Kimbo is an animal!!!!
Tank would have destroyed him 5 years ago. But I think He's way to heavy now.
I have to find it and I dont think it's on Youtube of the fight were Kimbo got beat to a pulp by this tall white guy. It went on for 20 minutes. Kimbo's boys kept stopping it so he could recoup.

Should be a good fight for 5 minutes till Kimbo lands a Head extraction shot.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Would rather watch the skill levels of more evolved MMA fighters. Kimbo and Tank are two bar room brawlers. Tank is over the hill with horible cardio and any other real heavyweight fighters would own kimbo. BJ Penn and Joe Stevenson will be a great fight although if Penn comes into the fight with strong cardio, he will destroy stevenson.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If Kimbo got into MMA at a young age, I think the guy could really dominate. Problem is, he is up there, and with the exception of Randy Couture(who is a freak of nature) most of the older people in the sport, no matter how talented, skilled, or how good a shape they are in they usually get eaten up by the younger fighters. Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Kimo etc. All have been beaten real badly in thier last outings. For Kimbo, I think the same fate will happen if he steps into the cage with an experienced fighter. This fight is intriguing though, as both fighters have huge popularity as street fighters, rather than true MMA fighters. So, I will definately tune in just to watch what happens, but the reality of it is it will probably be a sloppy boring fight. Kimbo has ben training for the last year with Bas Ruuten. Bas has said that the guy is picking it up well, but I guess we will see when he steps into the cage against a true MMA fighter. I believe Paul Buentillo is also fighting for Elite XC. If they set up a fight between Kimbo and him, IMO Kimbo will get his first taste of a true MMA fighter, and will be sent to the canvas with a right hand!

The Penn/Stevenson fight has some potential. BJ Penn IMO is among the best in the game. He has insance flexibility, good power, excellent takedown defense, and one f the best chins ever. Really no holes in his game, and as Rubicon pointed out, if his cardio is up, it could be a long night for Joe Stevenson.

·
Registered
649 Posts
the tall white kid as you guys refer to him is actually Boston Police Officer Rich Gannon.

the city revoked a license when they were going to have an mma fight at the Roxy a few years ago.

haven't kept up with him but do remember seeing him after the fight and boy was he swollen in the face!

sorry his name is Sean Gannon.

This post edited by SHIVA 08:54 PM 02/16/2008

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.