NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is no boating on Kensico. What are we supposed to do with our boats? Are they considering re-opening Kensico to boating at a later date? I will miss those early season browns and lakers.
Tight lines, Jim

·
Registered
192 Posts
Kensico and New Croton Boats

I'm being told that this is only going to be the case for a short time. That we'll have boating access on these two reservoirs as soon as they figure out the security issues.

These two have the main pump houses on them and they dont want to put them in jeapordy yet.

I'm willing to wait it out for a bit untill I consider moving my boats (I have one on each).

You still must get your new boat stickers and apply them though, dont risk getting your boat yanked by the DEP.

·
Registered
24,271 Posts
Got this email today

This is the new spot I moved my boat to when the tornado back in 2006 leveled my old site, my boat wound up on top of the downed trees somehow - still chained. Tornadoes..hurricanes...great times.

Nov 30, 2012

When Hurricane Sandy blew through the lower Hudson Valley on the 29th and 30th of October she did significant damage to both private
property and to certain New York City?s watershed lands. On November 1st NYCDEP staff conducted a rapid assessment of the City?s
publicly accessible boat storage areas to determine the extent of the damage and presence of potentially hazardous conditions.

You are receiving this e-mail because you are listed as the owner of a boat that is stored in a boat storage area on one of the City?s reservoirs that has been temporarily closed to public access [See Boat(s) below]. The presence of hanging trees or tree limbs in these areas have been determined to pose a potential safety hazard.

Thank you for your patience, and please feel free to contact us at 1-800-xxx-xxxx if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Charles Laing
Senior Property Manager
Natural Resources Management

July 2006

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
good thing you ignored the no tresspassing signs, maybe next time you'll get caught, maybe ticketed, or have your permit pulled.............wouldnt that be worth the tresspassing :) amazing how many people cant follows the rules

·
Registered
203 Posts
good one benny, must have taken you a long time to think that one up......... yeah guess its bad of me for pointing out about people breaking the rules, those people would probably be the first to cry foul if they got caught and then DID get a ticket for tresspass, or lose thier permits..........moreso people with boats, they lose thier permits, they lose thier boats................. but dont let rules get in the way

·
Registered
203 Posts
lol you remember that?.....****....its all good JPD, I dont care if people know I work for the DEP, just stuns me how many people I see ignoring things like these signs.....saw some guys parked up by muscoot near the DOT yard, they were just pushing off the shore in the boat, the red/white sign was prolly not more than 6' from thier car............just stunning, some of these people claim that these reservoirs are so important to them forthe fishing opportunities, yet do things that might just get them kicked off of them.

This post edited by waterweasle 05:45 PM 12/06/2012

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.