NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how you guys are diong down there?
The CT yak clan has been hitting them pretty good up here.Should be red hot in a couple of weeks.

So any reports ?

Joey saw yours .Would like to do another night trip down your way soon.
Cant wait for them big blues to show up too.

JoeV

·
Registered
315 Posts
JoeV, Raritan is infested with blues. They were so thick Wednesday that I couldn't get to the weaks. So I gave in and fished a popper. I;ve got to bring a popper without hooks next time. Also I want to hit the Meadowlands at night with an outgoing. Should be lots of bass on shrimp.

Next week I'll have a new fly rod to play with. A 10'6" Heritage 8 wt. which should fish a 9 & 10 great. Should be a great kayak fly rod.

So when are we hooking up? Let me know when you fish where I don't need a freshwater licence/

·
Registered
119 Posts
fly roddin

hey jon... ive been flyfishin out of my yak since the early 90's.. ive always heard tales of stripes in the crreks that meander thru the meadowlands..like near the turnpike..seems like creek fishing heaven..but always wondered if it was worth a try?.. got any input on that?.. i fish in staten island as well as north fork of l.i. catch ya later

·
Registered
315 Posts
Meadowlands

grouse, its loaded with fish. I was out there last fall for a tide and on the outgoing there were bass literally everywhere on top taking bait. I never saw the bait and threw a lot of stuff at them. I only got 2 on the troll and lost another one. I didn't have a fly rod with me. I'm fairly certain that it was a selective shrimp bite. Let me know if you want to go sometime, its definately worth it.

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.