NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of doing a get together in my area, sometime in early june, it is a great area to fish with the kayak. I was thinking sometime in the first couple weekends in June-a time when the fish are tight to structure and this area has tons of structure, most of it unalbe to be reached by boats :)...It might be a chance for the new guys to learn a little and just have some fun and I think I we might get some fish.
Though I might have to make everybody sign a contract to never devulge any of my fishing spots, but we will work out the legalities :)

so let me know what you guys think, or if you have any other ideas or places to to meet up and fish.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we will be fishing the davids island area, which some of you might know is loaded with little islands and rocks, around early june the bass are tight to just about every rock around, also around that time of year if the bait cooperates we could be chasing schools around.Just to get you excited here is a picture of blues blitz in the sound last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that was some off the wildest fishing last summer...the bunker and blues were in manhaset bay for months, it was pretty wild to be sitting in the middle of these blitzes in a kayak, I am pretty sure i had some blues that went near 20 pounds.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Glad you guys liked the pic. I decided that I 'd better snap the shot just in case since it was an awesome boil. I took the shot and put the camrera away and literally by the time I looked up it was flat glass without any signs of fish. So my brother and I threw out some chunks and within 10 seconds you had a 10-15# blue. I reeled in a chunk quickly and a blue chased it to the yak. So we put on poppers and couldn't move a popper 10' without a fish. It was a blast. We got worn out and had to leave to get in front of traffic heading back to Jersey. It took us over 3 hours to get home but it was worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey buddy..we will have alot of "flings" and fish. Come june and july I do alot night stuff, not for eveybody, takes a little more experience to be out there at night but bigger fish for sure. I might want to do the shark thing from kayak, now that would be fun....wonder if my boga grip will work :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would be in on that too! I don't know anyone else that's into this, buddies think I'm a nut. I would be good to fish with some other nuts! I gotta see how far that is, but I'd be in, as long as it's on a weekend! Good plan joey. We'll find out if you tell a lotta big fish stories now (like I do) :)
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
SHARKIN

SORRY GUYS, I WILL BE SHARKIN OFF OUR BLACKFIN IN JUNE. TO LONG A PADDLE OFF MONTAUK THAT TIME OF YEAR FOR SHARKS. I AM STILL INTERESTED IN FISHING DAYS OR NIGHTS. I HAVE BEEN YAK FISHING FOR FIVE SEASONS NOW AND REGULARLY FISH THE DARK HOURS USUALLY ALONE. IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE SOME COMPANY. KEEP THE INFO COMING!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.