NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a quick question.
Whats the date that Jones beach allows you to park for free in the lots? I know it used to be labor day but heard that changed, thanks much , Alan

·
Registered
266 Posts
I believe its the end of this month. But don't forget if you want to fish before sunrise or till after sunset you'll still need the night fishing permit or else risk getting a ticket. I've seen cops writing out tickets at Field6 early in the AM and also at nightfall thru Oct.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flyrodder, Its gotta be any day now the parking is free then. I never considered I could get a tikki before or after sunset , I thank you for that tip as well,
Alan

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Yea, I tried to get into the JB and RM lots during the day with the permit and they still wanted me to pay. :(

Jaiem
ArtsNFlies.com

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good thing the fall run takes place during the free parking season. It kinda pissed me off when they extended the parking fees past labor day few years back. I havent wet a line since I bailed the stripers in May { then blew up the boat engine}. Im psyched for some night eel action off the east bar West End 11. Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Flyrodder,

I wasn't aware of a night fishing permit either.
How could one go about getting this permit? Is there a web site or a number for more info?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I breezed into Pt. lookout today before work and its now free of course being it will be Oct. next week. I think Im going to try the rocks closest to the inlet with eels this weekend. Ive had great luck in that spot from my boats last few years, outgoing tides. Aint gots no night permit
maybe my trusty PBA card on the dash will do the trick. Alan

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I breezed into Pt. lookout today before work and its now free of course being it will be Oct. next week. I think Im going to try the rocks closest to the inlet with eels this weekend. Ive had great luck in that spot from my boats last few years, outgoing tides. Aint gots no night permit
maybe my trusty PBA card on the dash will do the trick. Alan

·
Registered
266 Posts
seq01 you can get the Night Fishing Permit from Robert Moses State Park. Go to the Parks Office and get the permit there. But if your only planning on fishing days you really don't need to get the permit. The permit is only used to legally park and fish at night from the hours of sundown to sunup. And this years permit expires on DEC. 31.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it was last weekend I went to west end 11 and they still were taking the tickets for parking at the booths. I forgot to ask the girl when it was free my guess it starts Oct. nowadays. Good advice on having the proper permits fourtwenty { those parking tickets are really 50 bucks !} ouch. Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
they will be collecting tolls on weekends thru november,instead of 7.00 it's only 5.00 big deal no lifeguards on duty no concession stands open but ny still gotta get some cash out of you

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its flat wrong that they charge to park through Nov. Theres no swimming, food and they still want 5 bucks out of us? This should be changed. Pt. lookout is free at this time. They charge now to dock a boat at Short Beach and nobody goes there any more. Really this should be changed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's very wrong for them to charge after Labor Day,but to sell a $14.oo parking permit and then charge on top of that is dead wrong, but Hey this is Long Island, BIG FEE's for everything and little service why should our state parks on the The Island be any different

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wen't to field 6 today jones beach had to pay 5.00 after all it is a holiday ,attentant told me they would be collecting to thanksgiven.Since i am new to surf fishing i feel good i got a 16.5 lb 33 inches at about 12;10 pm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.