NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 2000 70hp. johnson. I just seen the new product list from bombadier and the are not making a 70 hp. engine. Im worried about the availibility of parts for my engine in the future.
Does anybody have any info on this.

thank you

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
There were a lot of 2 cycle 3 cyl. Johnson 70's made over the years and I bet there will never be any parts availabilty issues. The co.'s new owners Bombardeer are really commited to doing it right and this is something thet wont be overlooked. You dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scalawag,

thanks for the info. I had the engine 2 years and so far so good. I bought a johnson because they been around 100 years and the availability of parts. The year I buy one they go bankrupt. figures.

thanks

jat

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Ha ha thats funny but it dont matter. I bought 2 new Johnsons over the last 5 years a 2 cyl. 50 and a 90, talk aboput 2 engine designs thatve been around a jillion years too. Im kinda suprised they dropped the 70 ,gonna check the website & check out the new lineup.
I just looked at the new Bombadier Johnson/Evenrude website and it shows the motor still in production in all years available { to 2002}
I think maybe you were given bad info there unless the website hasnt been updated ,
Alan

This message was edited by Scalawag on 12-20-01 @ 2:00 PM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.