NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEWS FLASH!!!!

I am thrilled to announce that John Skinner, the long time Surf Fishing Columnist for Noreast, has just written a surf fishing book entitled A Season On The Edge - Stories From A Surfcaster's Year.

I have been reading it and it has been a tough book to put down. With each turned page I feel like I am in the water with my waders on right next to John - it's great stuff!

Crazy Alberto Knie says, just when you thought you have read all of the books there are to read about surf fishing, John Skinner introduces this captivating book. Unquestionably, Skinner is one of the astute trophy hunters of our times, and this book is inspirational and insightful. His writing style takes you there as he reveals the subtleties of a masterful cow hunter. This is definitely a must read book!

Robert Banfelder (Outdoor Writer and award-winning novelist) says, combining mighty narration with invaluable information on fishing for stripers, blues, weaks, and albies, this work of art will educate and entertain anglers of all skill levels. John has woven methods and means into prose that could take a Pulitzer Prize.

John will introduce his book and have it for sale at our seminar on Saturday. He will also autograph it if you wish. The price will be $16.25 (a discounted price for seminar attendees - tax is included).

Thanks John!!!!

This post edited by walleyeman 05:07 PM 01/18/2008

·
Registered
641 Posts
We just received them and will be working on making them available over the next week. As was mentioned, they'll be available at Saturday's (1/19) Nor'east Seminar. I'm giving two seminars at the Long Island Recreational Fishing Expo in Farmingdale the following weekend and will have them there also. By then I hope to find the time to stock some B&Ts. They will also be sold on the Nor'east website as soon as everything is in place.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The seminar starts at 10a.m., I'll be there by 9:30. The book's price is $16.95.

The book is now available on the noreast.com website.

This post edited by surfeditor 12:09 PM 01/28/2008

·
Registered
742 Posts
Congrats John-- Just got my copy today, and cant seem to put it down. Wanna get psyched for the season? Read this one! Good Luck to ya!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have to say that John's book might be one of the BEST books I've ever read.
His stories keep you glued to the pages and his writing style transforms you on location.You almost feel like you are standing next to him and casting.
Although this is not a "how-to" book ,if you ever wanted to know what makes one of the best surfcasters on East Coast tick,how he makes decisions of where to go,what are his reasoning when taking in account baitfish ,current and winds you have to read this book.
Great read ,entertaining,educating and inspiring

Two thumbs up...way up

Zeno Hromin

·
Registered
512 Posts
johns book

i just bought the book today,an i cant put it down.. so far, the storys a long with the knowledge he gives you is unbelievable,got to get back to the book

This post edited by mako841 08:14 PM 01/19/2008

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.