NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1278 Posts

·
Registered
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first you need to know that Jerry is special too me. He was the first person I got paid for as a 24 year old Headhunter.

I helped him two more times and got paid as well, then I figured it out and set him adrift professionally.

Still available for advice and support, but no more representation. He was kinda like my firstborn, it?s a wonder I survived in this business for 28 years with a start like him. Lol Sometimes loyalty can be a blinder.

The story of Jerry?s life is another thing altogether, actually quite sad with a downward spiral, due to substance abuse. The tale I am going to tell is sad, but I will try and show the humor of it.

It wasn?t funny then, but it might be now.

I had planned a trip to Ensenada Mexico, with my son and one of my best friends, and my sons fishing buddy, that my son met on boat fishing out of San Diego.

So me and my son (Dustin) and my friend Kurt are all packed up and ready to go to San Diego and pick up Dustin?s friend Charlie. We have done this trip half a dozen times and are all pumped up.

Except for Kurt, he has never been salt water fishing, and is worried about going to Mexico and also about getting seasick. I had been trying to get him into it for years, and he had finally relented. I knew he would have fun. I actually guaranteed it. Oops.

At the time, Dustin and Charlie are both 22 and Kurt and I are 45 or so hehehe.

We have been emailing and phone calling and getting pumped up and talking smack. Biggest fish, first fish, first to puke etc etc. You guys know the drill!!!

We are leaving early Friday morning, about 530 AZ time, in order to arrive before dark, and confirm our chartered six pack boat and give our 50% deposit. Same boat we always fish.

The captain is Blackie and his deckhand is Luiz, and since it is a cabin cruiser, we usually get surprised midday, when one or two girls wake up and emerge from below.

We always leave at 5:30, and we always have to wake up the crew. LOL It always Pisses Blackie off, cause we were supposed to be stupid gringos and stay up too late, and party too much, with the readily available talent. You would think he would know better by the seventh trip. LMAO. End of prologue in the wrong sequence. Lol

So I am home on Tuesday night, going through my tackle box for the umpteenth time, counting lures, weights, hooks you know, checking line and reels and rod guides, etc etc.

The phone rings, I am thinking it?s one of the guys with a question or some smack. WRONG!!!!!

Its Jerry???He just got fired for doing something stupid under the influence of whatever, and is thinking about killing himself.

He is on his cell phone, he is behind his house in the woods in Manistee Michigan, and the cops are looking for him.

Of course I want to know what?s up, so I ask.

He tells me he got fired and why, (no brainer) and that he was sad, so he went to the local bar and had a few. He doesn?t remember exactly how, but he crashed into a parked car and messed it up pretty bad. Because he is a brilliant drunk, he decides it is better to leave, even though ten people saw him do it. In a town with a population of 500.

So he hauls a home and parks his wrecked pickup in front of his house, which is on 50 wooded acres. He runs inside and stocks up on beer, a little food, and throws on some survival gear, it is snowing. Locks up the house, takes his phone off the hook, and hikes to the top of a hill where he can watch his house.

He is now on top of the hill, on his cell explaining all this to me. OMG

The cops are there in force, three cars, and he is giving me play by play.

The cops finally leave and he is hiking back down to his house when his cell battery dies.

If you want to hear the rest of the story stayed tuned and say so. Someone get latty!!!!

If not I can save a lot of time lmao.

This post edited by AZFISHKILLER 04:42 PM 05/12/2008

·
Registered
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
canyonfvr wrote:
Forget Latty
finish the story

hehehehehe Jerry makes you look like a rookie my friend lmao

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the mild part lol

This post edited by AZFISHKILLER 01:30 PM 02/09/2008

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
canyonfvr wrote:
Forget Latty
finish the story

Yea, Latty is pretty busy with working to finish up some jobs and been going on the road. He may be gone for days..................finish the story...................Latty can read it when he gets time.

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
gverb1219 wrote:
canyonfvr wrote:
Forget Latty
finish the story

Yea, Latty is pretty busy with working to finish up some jobs and been going on the road. He may be gone for days..................finish the story...................Latty can read it when he gets time.

gverb1219 wrote:
Well, I for one am glad Linc hasn't posted it yet.

Linc, post it whenever you'd like, just as long as it's done after 5 pm. Nothing worse than trying to catch up on a thread thats more than 3 or 4 pages.

wow how quickly we forget about the ones that cant see the posts
it's only Latty im sure he wouldnt want us to wait untill he could see it

This post edited by canyonfvr 01:49 PM 02/09/2008

·
Registered
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MakoMike wrote:
Keep typing!

Mike you know for sure that whats in your head, takes time to put into words.

Also I have to make it family friendly which is challenging in the case. LMAO

I promise I will finish it but probably not today, maybe I can do part two later.

Where the heck is latty?

This post edited by AZFISHKILLER 01:49 PM 02/09/2008

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
AZFISHKILLER wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Keep typing!

I promise I will finish it but probably not today, maybe I can do part two later.

Where the heck is latty?

I emailed Latty, he said he was busy, but would try to pop in when time allows...............

LL Cool Cany wrote:

wow how quickly we forget about the ones that cant see the posts it's only Latty im sure he wouldnt want us to wait untill he could see it

oh..............we didn't forget.
.......we remember quite well how you all.........waited for me to get back on after work before posting good stuff........;););););):rolleyes:..............:rolleyes:
I remember it well.............

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
AZFISHKILLER wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Keep typing!

Where the heck is latty?

He's over int he boating section right now. I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
gverb1219 wrote:
AZFISHKILLER wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Keep typing!

Where the heck is latty?

I emailed Latty, he said he was busy, but would try to pop in when time allows...............

LL Cool Cany wrote:

wow how quickly we forget about the ones that cant see the posts it's only Latty im sure he wouldnt want us to wait untill he could see it

.......we remember quite well how you all.........waited for me to get back on after work before posting good stuff........;););););):rolleyes:..............:rolleyes:

oh so when cany didnt have a puter at work it was ok to post all day long and make him play catch up all night long. now its ok for Latty to play catch up when he can get back here ok i see where this is going

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
AZFISHKILLER wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Keep typing!

Where the heck is latty?

He's over int he boating section right now. I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

HMMMM Gary said he was too busy to check in :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PART II

Jerry walks down to his house, and calls me from his land line. The cops are gone, but they towed his truck away. They also left a summons or ticket on his front door. Oops

By now with all the excitement and hiking, he is fairly sober and scared, and feeling stupid as he should. He also tells me that he called and reported his truck stolen, before he called me hahahahahahahahahahaha. Idiot!!!. Lmao

He wants to know what I think he should do. Weeeelllllll Jerry stop dinking would be a start!

He promptly and correctly tells me it is too late for that. Then he tells me all his troubles, and asks for my advice. Which I promptly give him. He aint liking it, so like a fricking rocket scientist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a stupid attack, and tell him, if he will call a friend or a cab, (no cabs) and go to the police station and turn himself in, he can take a break and come fishing with us, and get a new perspective on life, while he is having fun with friends.

Who is an idiot now? lmao

Take a break and relax and then make a new start Jer!!!!!!!

Suddenly I am the smartest dude on the planet and he is off to turn himself in. I didn?t find out until later, that he drove himself in his van, and got busted and arrested by the cops. Oops. Took the van too. lol

So he calls me early Wednesday afternoon, and tells me he is feeling really good about facing up to his problems, and that he has a flight booked to Phoenix, that arrives Thursday afternoon, and he is really looking forward to seeing the real Mexico, and going fishing with us. Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post edited by MakoMike 02:24 PM 02/09/2008

·
Administrator
112,311 Posts
MakoMike wrote:
well, he just posted a message over there!

I know i think Gary is just trying to keep him from reading the story

·
Registered
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SORTIE wrote:
still funny, git goin on Part III Linky

Slave driver, I should have known with a name like jefferson. LMAO

Part III will come in due time.

Where the heck is latty?

·
Registered
35,001 Posts
Ludacany wrote:
gverb1219 wrote:
AZFISHKILLER wrote:
MakoMike wrote:
Keep typing!

Where the heck is latty?

LL Cool Cany wrote:

oh so when GrandMasterCany didnt have a puter at work it was ok to post all day long and make him play catch up all night long. now its ok for Latty to play catch up when he can get back here ok i see where this is going

Huh:confused::confused:Whaaaaa.............whachu talkin bout.............I'm jess sayin.........
..ya know...........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gverb1219 wrote:
canyonfvr wrote:
Forget Latty
finish the story

Latty is posting all over the place, giving wiring advice and ignoring me:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Story over.:confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 1278 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.