NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like it, yes I do?? remember that one . that tune embraces what I feel about the new forum,
You guys never stop with the improvements, now lets talk fishin .
Alan
QUICK Question; What happened to all the old posts, can you do an archive search??

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported?? Where to japan?

I'm being silly, as long as they werent deported were in good shape.
Theres a wealth of info. in them old posts, I sometimes searched them as I bet others also did.
Thanks again for the improvement noreast!
Keep up the fine work, Alan
PS I like that you can edit without having that " post just edited message thing" much nicer..

·
Registered
404 Posts
post edited acknowledgement

scalawag and steve,

you guys know if you lie, i'll swear to it.
i 've got no problem with that.

seriously though, i just think that when someone/anyone posts something, especially something controversial that may have a strong influence on successive posts by others, they should not be able to go back and edit for content or meaning without some indication that the post has been revised. same for deleted posts.

set,
opinari

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oprini, maybe a small " edited" symbol os something?

I guess the folks to ask are our gracious hosts @ Noreast.
Maybe if a small symbol that post has been edited would help with the honesty of the discussions. How 'bout a small picture of Dick Nixon from the Watergate days ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Opinari-

I know what you mean. We have all seen threads where the one of the first posts will be deleted or edited & than followed by some angry replies. You never know what was originally said, but you know it was changed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
maybe the best solution is a time limit (say 30 or 60 minutes) to edit. that should be enough time to edit one's mistakes or ommissions.

after that window closes, the poster can always post again with a clarification, retraction or (gulp) an apology.

i hope nor'east is listening. maybe i should press the tattletail button.

set,
opinari

ps scalawag - please go back and edit your posts to spell my name correctly.
you know how (expletive deleted) sensitive i am.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.