NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooooo, whats your specialty? Fly fishing for stream trout? Pounding the pads looking for Largemouths? Doing the jiggly wiggly for walleye?

Panfish?
Carp?
Catfish?

What is the ONE species you get excited about? What will have you up all night, thinking, sweating, getting shaky hands?

What is your weakness?

I can't help myself when it comes to walleye sometimes. I don't target them as much as I used to, but when I do its an all out affair. Minnows, crawlers, jigs, cranks, I toss the book at em when I go. Yeah, the fight leaves something to be desired, but there is nothing like getting a bead on them and laying the hammer down. These guys can stump ya real good, yet once you do get them figgured out, its one after the other.

So whats yours?

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
I enjoy throwing my Slug-gos in Prospect - but that may be out of convience. Hmmmm.. let's see... I have all those flies I tied to hatch various stages of insect hatching, so I'd have to go with the Sulphur hatch. I would also love to get on a rive in the middle of a Hendrikson hatch, as I have so many different flies I have to be able to catch something. I even have extras. Dries, Compara Duns, sparkle Duns, WEts, Nymphs, emergers on long shank curved hoos, back half to represent the segmented nymph, mid to represent teh insect crawling out of the skin, and the front with the wings wiggling and a coupl of turns of hackle torepresent legs. I'm well armed, but I just have to get out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.