NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my bottoms painted, she's insured, registered, slip's payed for and the weather should cooperate, flounder in couple weeks. Anyone else almost ready????

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was @ my marina today and NOBODY has even thier covers off thier boats, still all shunkwrapped & blocked off { I know it's still Feb.}. The kid told me the forklift is awaiting a new engine also. So I'll be the FIRST ! the first imn the water, the first to catch a fish & the first to catch pneumonia.
" happiness is 47 mph's on a bench with no windshield"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Almost ready with the new rig.....engine is in and hooked up just need to finish up the wiring and paint the bottom and my new refurbished rig is ready to go. So about two more weeks.

Brian
23' Seacraft

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I have a 20ft center console........kept on a trailer so no bottom painting to do . A 175 Yammie which was winterized late Dec.
So,aside from running the engine and then wiping or changing the plugs......can anyone tell me what else I should do before I catch my first flounder of the season??....(can't wait!)

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

·
Registered
85 Posts
Boats been in since last year! No muck on the bottem started her up two weeks a go to charge batt. ran her at the dock for abuot 1/2 hour. she sounds great when you could hear her over my sobbing about no where to go !!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THE 16th
wetlines...oldbayrat...

P.S. I can't get out till the 23rd (J-BAY) so don't catch em all lol.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mee too, I love to look at pictures of classic boats, like viewing artwork.
who could resist the lines of a 31 Bertram
or Blackfin. Make a good thread..
" boats with beautiful lines "
lets see the seacraft.
You show me your seacraft & I'll show you my whaler. {when the photos return from york photo lab that is}

·
Registered
744 Posts
Alan, ready to put in? I am still in. Blackfish have slowed and I am chock full of herring. I AM COMMING OUT THIS WEEKEND FOR MTC. I THINK I WILL BE BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF APRIL. WILL LOOK FOR THAT SCREAMIN WHALER THEN..........

THANKS ALOT

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Allen,
my boat is still asleep under her blanket wrap.I'm not in a hurry to wake her up,I have still alot of work to do here.Anything to keep my bride happy.LOL Its a long season.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm in on the 16th to hook some Flounder at Moriches, cannot wait. Hope the B&T's have worms by then. Anthonyale, I also trailer my 17'CC & never bottom painted. I did take the wheels off the trailer for winterizing because the previous year the bearings rusted. A little saltwater seems to always get in there. Taking the cover off this weekend and firing up the outboard. My flounder rigs are cleaned, oiled & new 10lb line is on.

Surf the Word!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Hey Scalawag,
Glad to hear your bottom is painted, insured, registered and covered with a nice slip. I sure would like to see it!
OOOHHH! Your talking about your boat. Sorrry!

Good fishing-Hipshot.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like were into a cold snap here anyway. I just came from Woodcleft fishing station where I parked the truck and watched birds working some bait fish or something.. maybe herring?
Solta, yeah she's a sweet little whaler, cant wait to play with my new toy. The thing is theres no windshield to hide behind, gonna be a cold ride but hey if theres fish around who cares, thank God for Grundens bib pants, will be wearing them alot on this skiff.. , pretty soon we'll be into spring.
Paulie,
figure a guy like yourself will at least be in for the mackeral to load up for chum/bait thats late April, Ok plenty of time enjoy your time with the Mrs. afterall this the last she'll see of you till Dec. again LOL!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm getting there. Can I use Formula 27 to patch up a couple of small chips in the gelcoat? The chips are 2" by 4" and are below the waterline.

I still have some rewiring to do, but I'm almost ready.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Steve dont know what formula 27 is but thickened epoxy works great for those type repairs. Westsystems has small cans or also interlux 417 a 0f 417 b , its cool stuff pure thickened epoxy, can be tinted too I think.
alan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.