NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was @ my marina today and NOBODY has even thier covers off thier boats, still all shunkwrapped & blocked off { I know it's still Feb.}. The kid told me the forklift is awaiting a new engine also. So I'll be the FIRST ! the first imn the water, the first to catch a fish & the first to catch pneumonia.
" happiness is 47 mph's on a bench with no windshield"

· Registered
2,911 Posts
I have a 20ft center console........kept on a trailer so no bottom painting to do . A 175 Yammie which was winterized late Dec.
So,aside from running the engine and then wiping or changing the plugs......can anyone tell me what else I should do before I catch my first flounder of the season??....(can't wait!)

Southwest winds always.....Seaox

· Registered
84 Posts
Boats been in since last year! No muck on the bottem started her up two weeks a go to charge batt. ran her at the dock for abuot 1/2 hour. she sounds great when you could hear her over my sobbing about no where to go !!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THE 16th
wetlines...oldbayrat...

P.S. I can't get out till the 23rd (J-BAY) so don't catch em all lol.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mee too, I love to look at pictures of classic boats, like viewing artwork.
who could resist the lines of a 31 Bertram
or Blackfin. Make a good thread..
" boats with beautiful lines "
lets see the seacraft.
You show me your seacraft & I'll show you my whaler. {when the photos return from york photo lab that is}

· Registered
736 Posts
Alan, ready to put in? I am still in. Blackfish have slowed and I am chock full of herring. I AM COMMING OUT THIS WEEKEND FOR MTC. I THINK I WILL BE BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF APRIL. WILL LOOK FOR THAT SCREAMIN WHALER THEN..........

THANKS ALOT

· Registered
5,973 Posts
Allen,
my boat is still asleep under her blanket wrap.I'm not in a hurry to wake her up,I have still alot of work to do here.Anything to keep my bride happy.LOL Its a long season.
paulie

"Fishing with an Attitude"

· Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm in on the 16th to hook some Flounder at Moriches, cannot wait. Hope the B&T's have worms by then. Anthonyale, I also trailer my 17'CC & never bottom painted. I did take the wheels off the trailer for winterizing because the previous year the bearings rusted. A little saltwater seems to always get in there. Taking the cover off this weekend and firing up the outboard. My flounder rigs are cleaned, oiled & new 10lb line is on.

Surf the Word!

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like were into a cold snap here anyway. I just came from Woodcleft fishing station where I parked the truck and watched birds working some bait fish or something.. maybe herring?
Solta, yeah she's a sweet little whaler, cant wait to play with my new toy. The thing is theres no windshield to hide behind, gonna be a cold ride but hey if theres fish around who cares, thank God for Grundens bib pants, will be wearing them alot on this skiff.. , pretty soon we'll be into spring.
Paulie,
figure a guy like yourself will at least be in for the mackeral to load up for chum/bait thats late April, Ok plenty of time enjoy your time with the Mrs. afterall this the last she'll see of you till Dec. again LOL!!

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Steve dont know what formula 27 is but thickened epoxy works great for those type repairs. Westsystems has small cans or also interlux 417 a 0f 417 b , its cool stuff pure thickened epoxy, can be tinted too I think.
alan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.