NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Ranger fan. I have always been a Ranger fan, and always will be a Ranger fan. My wife, however, is an Islander fan.

Today at work, a salesman I deal with offered me Islander tickets tomorrow night against Anaheim. I sat there and thought, " She would really love it, but ther's a Ranger game on." so I said, "No thanks." to the tickets. I mean, what's the harm, she'll never know I was even offered tickets right?

Not ten minutes later, she calls me, and what does she say....

"I got tickets to the Islander game tomorrow night, so don't make any plans."

Let's go Ducks?

·
Premium Member
74,095 Posts
tautog1 wrote:
I am a Ranger fan. I have always been a Ranger fan, and always will be a Ranger fan. My wife, however, is an Islander fan.

Today at work, a salesman I deal with offered me Islander tickets tomorrow night against Anaheim. I sat there and thought, " She would really love it, but ther's a Ranger game on." so I said, "No thanks." to the tickets. I mean, what's the harm, she'll never know I was even offered tickets right?

Not ten minutes later, she calls me, and what does she say....

"I got tickets to the Islander game tomorrow night, so don't make any plans."

Let's go Ducks?

You sure she didn't get them from the same guys?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott, I'm sure they are.

Mike, I will edit this response when I come up with something good.

OTH, live hockey is live hockey. I will enjoy the game.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wear your Ranger colors!!!! amok wrote:

just hope i dont see you

i got pulled over once and the cop gave me a islander tik. maybe she got pulled over lol lets go islanders !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FAMBUIS wrote:
Wear your Ranger colors!!!! amok wrote:

just hope i dont see you

i got pulled over once and the cop gave me a islander tik. maybe she got pulled over lol lets go islanders !!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes sense. I'd rather have the summons.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
RunninAmok wrote:
Wear your Ranger colors!!!!
Don't wear your Rangers colors. I just find it stupid when Rangers fans wear their jerseys to the Coliseum when the Rangers are playing a home game 20 miles away. If it's the Isles/Raggies playing fine. When I see this I always ask the fan why is he at the Coliseum when the team he is suppose to be a fan is playing a home game and he is not there or watching it. Go with no jersey and enjoy the Isles getting smacked around.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
fish4me wrote:
I say enjoy the game and wear your Ranger colors. Go Ducks:)

Ranger fans are always around, we never hide in the closet.
And what does he say when an Isles fans asks if he is such a big Ranger fan why is he at the Islanders game when the Great Rangers have a home game at MSG the same night? And don't give me there are no tickets for the Rangers. You can go to any Ranger game and go to the ticket box and get tickets a few hours before hand. They release tickets the day of game all the time.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Flukinit wrote:

And what does he say when an Isles fans asks if he is such a big Ranger fan why is he at the Islanders game when the Great Rangers have a home game at MSG the same night? And don't give me there are no tickets for the Rangers. You can go to any Ranger game and go to the ticket box and get tickets a few hours before hand. They release tickets the day of game all the time.

I tell them that I am a smart man, and will do what makes the Mrs. happy. :rolleyes:
I have a DVR, so I'll watch the game when I get home. From my experiance, Ranger games are not that hard to get tickets for, but on a limited budget, it's more realistic for me to take free tickets and pay for parking at the Coliseum than to pay for 2 round trip tickets to Penn, then pay for 2 tickets to the game. For the record, although I am a Ranger fan, I'm not an OBNOXIOUS Ranger fan (yes, I can admit that they do exist), and will not do or say anything to ruin my wife's enjoyment of the game.

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Flukinit wrote:
fish4me wrote:
I say enjoy the game and wear your Ranger colors. Go Ducks:)

Ranger fans are always around, we never hide in the closet.

He says nothing. He doesn't have to.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
tautog1 wrote:
Flukinit wrote:

I tell them that I am a smart man, and will do what makes the Mrs. happy. :rolleyes:
I have a DVR, so I'll watch the game when I get home. From my experiance, Ranger games are not that hard to get tickets for, but on a limited budget, it's more realistic for me to take free tickets and pay for parking at the Coliseum than to pay for 2 round trip tickets to Penn, then pay for 2 tickets to the game. For the record, although I am a Ranger fan, I'm not an OBNOXIOUS Ranger fan (yes, I can admit that they do exist), and will not do or say anything to ruin my wife's enjoyment of the game.

Hope you had a good time at the game. You probably had a better time watching the Ducks smack the pathetic Isles around than your boys losing to the Kings.
And come on now a Ranger fan not being obnoxious? 90% of all Rangers fans have big mouths and carry an arrogance about themselves like there team has a rich history of winning. Just listen to them or go to the Ranger thread they'll tell you how great they are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.