NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could it be a fisherman using cyalume lightsticks on the tip of two rods he was using to baitfish until sun-up? Seems to be logical if the lights got further apart. Maybe he simply spiked his rods a little further from eachother in between photos being taken? If not, then something weird sure is goin' on over there.....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok John believe it or not I've been thinkin about this one. First off I think its the beams from a buggy coming over the cut and reflecting of the higher than normal swell we had that week. It gets wider because the buggy turned at an angle to the swell causing the beam that was farther from the swell to appear a greater distance fromthe the reflection of the other beam. The disappearance of the lights means the buggy left between cam shots. The early morning appearance is another buggy checking the swell out. Of course the UFO thing is alot more fun.
TL
Shag

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think hfaughnan nailed it. It's difficult to believe, because the pavement is so far away. But what really sells me on his theory is the wet road comment. It was rainy the first night, and you see two sets of lights. It was dry the next morning, and there was only one set. The reflection off the wet road looked like a reflection off the water. That's what fooled me.
These cars are inbound and just going around the circle as you enter the park. The angle works.

This message was edited by surfeditor on 9-24-01 @ 7:11 AM

·
Registered
364 Posts
You never know! It just might be another candidate for the wall of shame up in the rangers station? Did a drive on, on Sat and didn't see any trucks at the surfline under water or fish for that matter. Maybe it was a Pakistan submarine?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks to me like a couple of guys setting up lights to attrack bait fish. Notcie there is someone on the beach in the morning pictures probally to help retrieve nets. Just a thought.

CaptSteve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.