NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the MBH is a lot bigger...i did see it advertised and its not in the lastest issue....

the one i posted above is 65 currently in florida....looks like it resembles the zephyer...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Here's the "NEW" Dolphin Express for you BnG

5 DDECS 12V2000's 38 kts WOT
34 kt cruise, just go to Charlie Harts and have some rod holders welded on

BnG

This post edited by walkingontime 08:07 AM 01/02/2008

Attachments

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
5 DDECS 12V2000's

Just in time as a barrel of oil went over 100 dollars a barrel today.

I bet the profit margins are pretty tight running a boat like that.

Is that the NIKE II?

EC NEWELL MAN<>

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
invincible wrote:
gary, i thought you knew better! real boats dont have pulpits

thats right K........but realboats have 2 engines....that run....ahhhh.......ahhhhh...

ps..got your text last night.....haven't stopped eating in 4 weeks.....no time to come down....

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I don't know how I missed the last few posts on this thread.

Jason, the last reason Joe Miller would sell a boat is for fuel consumption. He is the kick-ass carrier of New England- I would guess two-hundred head a trip average, at an average of $30 a head, on the conservative side. And that operation is a laugh when you look at his other interests. I would think more along the lines that he wants something more suitable for use in the off-whale season for down south.

Paul

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What does Joe do with it Paul

What does the Whale Watcher do during the off season....??? Maybe Speedy should buy that one next.....

This post edited by walkingontime 09:52 PM 01/12/2008

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Joe, and a few other well-heeled Mass. pass. vessel operators, have ferry operations in Fla., on both coasts now. I'm not sure if that one goes down South, so maybe he wants one that will, or will do it better.

Paul

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Down South

Those down south Ferries need big capacity and Exceptional speed

Big Fuel bills are the norm

Some of those routes they run are long and they need to cover ground in a hurry

add to the fact that they are all waiting for their holly grail route to open up a where a very fast, very seaworthy high capacity vessel will make somebody a lot of $$

You never know what the big operators are doing or thinking when they move boats around

·
Registered
70 Posts
Capt. Paul...

You did not mention that's 200 people a trip, 2-3 times a day depending on tides to get that craft in/out of Millway Marina. A crowd of 200 is considered light. I personally have never seen it that small and I've spent some time on that boat. Joe is a great guy and he busted his A-- to get that business to where it is today.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Yes, I'm almost certain he averages well over that each trip, but since I don't have hard numbers, I like to be conservative. And yes, he does multiple trips daily, but the issue was the fuel/revenue ratio per trip.

Paul

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The anti Hijack

Gary- Thats NOT the old Zephyr:
1.different pilot house
2. different dodger and top deck
the Marathon Lady looks to be a much older boat, Now unless there was an Older Breax Zephyr boat that you were asking about, these two are not the same vessel.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.