NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Rooster

Hi,

We need the help of others on this one. Not being a wire fisherman I can't help. Sounds like a good idea.

I do have a troll and a bunker spoon rods that need testing and appraisal if you are ever interested.

Capt Neil

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Rooster

Hi,

I have a demo umbrella rig rod that is 7' 2". It has a slick butt and Fugi SIC guides. Pretty stiff.

The Bunker Spoon rod is 8' 2". It also has a slick butt and SIC (Silicon Carbide) guides.

Both of these rods are Lamiglas fiberglas.

I am toying with the idea of building a simular bunker spoon rod BUT installing the guides 'Spiral Wrapped". Should make a very stable rod in the rod holders and very little torque on the blank, guides and reel seat.

If you would like to try either or both rods Give me a call. (631) 567-8049.

Capt Neil

· Registered
10,712 Posts
Hi Rooster.

Thanks for the report.

Does the product come in both monel and stainless?

Does the markings slide thru the guides easily. Will it wear a groove in the guides?

How many times have you used it and are their any signs of the markings wearing off?

Sorry for all the questions. I was just trying to ask questions other people might be interested in.

Thanks again.

The offer to stedt the bunker spoon or umbrella rig rod is always there.

Capt Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.