NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Daiwa sealine z interline 10' rod. This rod's peculiarity is that it has no guides. I've seen a couple of fishermen using it on the surf and decided to give them a try. Could you give me some information about these rods? I understand that they have been around for several years but that they are not as famous here as they are in the west coast. Thank you for your input in advance.

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Hi,

I know one person who fishes with one of these rods. He is an excellent fluke fisherman and is very happy with his guideless rod.

The knock on these rods was that once the line and inside the rod got wet it did not cast well due to the line sticking to the wet inside.

I have been told they no longer are being sold. I do not know that for a fact.

Capt Neil

·
Registered
145 Posts
The interline rods offered for sale in the US don't come near the quality of those sold in Japan, as Neil mentioned the big hangup with them is sediment buildup inside the rods, very difficult to keep clean and eventually most times they will become useless as time goes on.
John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.