NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just wanted to get a little info regarding interline rods. (the type where your line enters the rod just above the foregrip, and comes out of the top of the rod.) I've heard both good and bad things about them. It seems to me that the friction inside the rod will cause the line to break occaionally, no? Next question, is whether this type of rod can be home built, or is the only option to buy them from the manufacturer?
Thanks,
Steve

~spinfreak~

·
Registered
10,712 Posts
spinfreak,

As a angler and a rod builder the idea did not turn me on.

I do know an angler that uses one for fluke fishing (no casting) and he swears by it and he catches fish with it.

I have never seen that style blank in a catalog.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.
I think the concept of the rod was good, but in practical use, it probably doesn't work that great.
Maybe if a manufacturer could develope a way to coat the inside of the blank with something, the rods might wind up to be pretty good.
Again, Thanks for the info. I think I'll just stick with regular, good old, rods with guides on them...lol.
~tight lines~

~spinfreak~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.