NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea Capt. Neil uses for guide placement using surgical tubing. Where can you buy this tubing? I tried the hardware store and no luck. Do you use it to hold the guides when wrapping or do you need to still use making tape?

·
Registered
10,967 Posts
Lowtides,

Try your local tackle shops. It is the same material that is used on umbrella rigs and diamond jigs using colored tubes. John B is on the money with Clemens Tackle.

If you look on the hand out I gave to everyone, 2nd line from the bottom of the page, Guide placement Aid.

After I finish spacing the guides, I mask off the area to be underwrapped. I slide back the rubber bands and remove the guides from the blank. Install the underwrap, remove the masking tape and apply finish epoxy, dry wicking to remove excess epoxy.

2days later, install the guides using the rubber bands to hold guides in place. Wrap up to the rubber bands. Then cut rubber bands with a razor or knife to remove them. Continue the wrap till finished.

Continue on with the project.

Capt Neil

Have Fun Fishing. Capt Neil
Custom Fishing Rods by Captain Neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.