NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we bought in 2005 the boat ,a 2001 Trophy 21 foot walk around, it came with these Insta -Trim trim tabs.Now I know these are not as good as Bennets but they were installed so we used them.This fall when the boat was pulled we noticed a lot of electrolysis damage around the SS hinges to the point where they needed to be replaced.I had no paper work to work with so I did a search on the net and found that they are warranteed against electrolysis.I contacted the company and was told to send the tabs in for inspection.A week went by and today I received a new set of tabs in the mail.I know this is long but I thought some of you might be interseted in knowing how this company stands behind their product.
Retiredfitter

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes, a reputable company. I had the electrolysis problem with the Bennett tabs on a new boat. I finally drilled them, they had no holes for zincs, and put some nice size zincs. No problems for the last 5 years. You might consider, just to be safe, drilling a hole in each before you put them back on the boat, and put zincs on them before spring launch.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.