NorEast Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have used the Daiwa series rods for years on the west coast to throw small baits to tuna and yellow tail in the kelp. They are fun as they have lots of flex in the tip and backbone as they flow to the reel. The 3 that i use in salt water ahve worked well.using 15,17,20 pound test. the Cabelas rods I have (2) are used for fresh water bass fishing. hey are 2 piece rods (which I do not usually purchase) not as good as the Daiwa rods bu they throw plastics and crank baits well. If you look at the web site they are on clearnce for 39 bucks in the bargin cave
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat21428&hasJS=true

try this or http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat21428&hasJS=true

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
THEy've been around for quite some time. A few guys used them when I jigge dBass on teh FLamingo, probably 8 or 9 years ago. Personlly I think it's a good concept, but I don't think it's a good choice i teh long run. HArd to thread if you do not have the tool handy, impossible to clean, friction, etc.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have two seven footers from Cabelas and have used both for several years. If you retrieve a lot when the mermaid hair is in the water, you will need to, or should, flush them out after each use with a garden hose. Otherwise, zero maintenance issues and no breakage whatsoever. The comment about threading a new line is apt though, as you need to carry that wire threader that comes with the reel if the line should break inside the rod or towards the reel. Naturally, since I have always had the threader with me, the lines have yet to break. I especially like them because they can not snag when carried with another rod with guides, or when its placed in an adjoining boat rodholder, since there is no exposed line if you just use a snap at the end of your main line, and even if you don't, its only one lure that you can hook to the reel. Casting wise, loss of distance is negligible, if any loss exists at all. I have an Abu Garcia C-3 on one, a C-4 on the other.

This post edited by pequa1 04:30 PM 01/14/2008

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.