NorEast Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a nice 5 weight rod for xmas, and heard a lot of good things about the connie.can anyone reccomend a good spot? is the fishing good in the winter? they shut down my local streams up in westchester, im going crazy!!!!

dont forget to set the hook!!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
The fishing beats inside the park open in February. You have to pay to fish and it's catch and release. Barbless hooks. Pleny of quality fish though. The tidal section of the river flows into the park under Rt 27. The tidal section can be fished all winter. However it is a relativly small area. Good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Last I heard they encouraged you to keep the fish. The river is pretty much dead except for the fingerlings they recently stocked, which are few and far between. Last time I was there I caught one of the old holdovers who looked 8-9 lbs on a muddler minnow about a month and a half ago. The pic is around here somewhere. Caught him on a 1-wt. The river looked dead to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.