NorEast Fishing Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
First, this country needs immigrants and cheap labor. I don't think anyone disputes that.

Second, we want legal ones. If your kid was on the waiting list for college admission and some d++k jumped in illegal, you'ld freak. Kick 'em out and replace them with the people waiting on line.

Third, yeah give preference to education, maybe we should do that next time we elect a president.

Fourth, they cut short term visas on purpose so the summer places can't get the staff they need just so they scream for the bill to be passed. That crap was done on purpose. Lying, scheming, no good administration.

Last, if that idiot in the White House thinks this is a good deal...that's enough for me to say no. Everything that moron has said was good for the country has turned into a flusterkluck

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
And then he says- I'm a criminal too??!!

OceanChaser wrote:
Why do you consider this land yours?
What do you have against others coming here to make a life for themselves?
Just curious...not trying to be confrontational?

ICE will be seeing you very very soon pal.

·
Registered
30,413 Posts
loligo wrote:
OceanChaser wrote:

Thats why...............

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
loligo wrote:
OceanChaser wrote:

Don't forget this zinger too....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
OceanChaser wrote:

I pay $5,000 a clip to bring illegals from Peru here to NY. Often times they are caught before getting here.
But you know what??? They work just as hard if not harder than
most Americans. Most are trying to make an honest living to support THEIR family. And I can guarentee you that none are losers enough to stay home and watch MTV and Beavis and Butthead all day long wasting the empty space in thier heads.
It will only get easier for immigrants to come here in the coming years. Mark my words.
BTW...Clena is making my breakfast right now. It should be a criminal offense how some immigrants are treated by americans.
Yes...I am white and have lived on LI 37 years...went to Chaminade HS and then Villanova.

·
Registered
18,114 Posts
It's so nice to be surrounded by such law abding "citizens"...
:rolleyes:

I swear, sometimes this place seems like the place for all the lackies of the mindless masses to come out of the nooks and crannies... :rolleyes:

This post edited by DarthBaiter 06:47 PM 11/24/2007

·
Administrator
97,534 Posts
DarthBaiter wrote:

I swear, sometimes this place seems like the place for all the lackies of the mindless masses to come out of the nooks and crannies... :rolleyes:

gotta love the lounge..

·
Registered
18,114 Posts
canyonfvr wrote:
DarthBaiter wrote:

gotta love the lounge..

What would we do with out it in the winter. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are a few reasons why a national referendum on immigration might not be a great idea. First, as you mentioned, it could be difficult to get an accurate representation of all citizens' views on the issue. Second, the issue of immigration is complex and multi-faceted, and a referendum might not provide enough space for a nuanced discussion. Finally, referendums can be costly and time-consuming to organize and implement, and there is no guarantee that the results would be binding on policymakers. Additionally, in this process authentication and legalization of documents process is also involved

61 - 77 of 77 Posts